Aces' Artwork: IL2-MAT Manager v2.32 WiP upda

Aces High 2

Aces' Artwork: IL2-MAT Manager v2.32 WiP upda

Post by Aces High 2 »

Hi all,

I thought I'd post a quick update on my work on the next version of IL2-MAT Manager. Firstly a while back I fixed my PC by buying and fitting a new power supply. So far I've finished a number of complex and inter-related code changes and optimisations which centre around the following options. 3rd Gruppe symbol selection, Stab markings options, Jabo/Lettering/Numbering selection and Escuadrilla Azul markings. As part of this work I have changed the "bomb" symbol on Jabo Bf-109E/7 aircraft to the same black triangle marking as displayed on other Fw-190a and Bf-109e Jabo aircraft. It is also now possible to select the Escuadrilla Azul and Jabo options simultaneously and therefore enable display of Jabo markings (lettering and symbol) on 4th Gruppe Bf-190Es (except the E/4 model) and most models of Fw-190As whilst also displaying Escuadilla Azul markings on 4th Gruppe Bf-109Fs, G2s and G6s.

I have also added the "S7" code for the Schlachtgeschwader 3 units recently introduced into the games as both large and small sizing options and the white tank emblem used by one of these units. I hope also to be including some new country markings options and to have completed work on the new version by next weekend.

As some of you will know I've also been experimenting with the new colour de-saturated smartshader effect for ATI graphics cards by "Dick Dastardly" and I really love the effect. I've been hoping for some time that someone would produce such an effect and I personally think it looks much better than the games standard colours. I always get excited by things that change the look of the game and offer more choice thus my continuing work on IL2-MAT Manager. Below is a screenshot of the new Schlachtgeschwader 3 coding and unit emblem shown on a late model G Stuka taken with the new de-saturated smartshader effect. For those that would like more information on this here's a link to a posting on the SimHQ board:

http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb ... 003992;p=0

Lastly I have now had time to fully analyse the results of my recent IL2-MAT Manager Survey and user request form. I cannot yet announce how I might be able to accomodate all your requests but have the nucleus of an idea based on these that I have been discussing with Grat which if it comes to fruition should fully encompass most if not all of your requests ! .

BTW I'm leaving this survey running on my website so if you haven't already
completed it, or you have any further requests please take a few minutes to complete it:

IL2-MAT Manager User Survey and Feature Request Form

I'll post more information as soon as possible.

Best Regards

Aces

IL2-MAT Manager development is kindly sponsored by Naturalpoint Inc.
777 Burnin AVG

Re: Aces' Artwork: IL2-MAT Manager v2.32 WiP upda

Post by 777 Burnin AVG »

Great news as always Leigh!

Jason
Aces High 2

Post by Aces High 2 »

Thanks Jason, hope you're enjoying your new gaming rig mate.

Here's a quick update for you on my latest work:

I thought you might like to see my latest work on the IL2-MAT Manager v2.32 upgrade. I was asked if I could produce some historically correct numbering/lettering for KNIL (Dutch Air Force) Buffalo 1 aircraft to replace the game-default 2-digit black numbering. I did a bit of research and I have produced some correct white numbering/lettering for these aircraft. Below is a photograph of the second KNIL Buffalo on the Brewster production line and below that is a screenshot showing the new IL2-MAT Manager Dutch numbering/lettering. There will be an additional option in v2.32 to select randomised or non-randomised sequences for the new numbering/lettering.

I'll post some more new soon.

Cheers

Leigh (Aces)
Aces High 2

Post by Aces High 2 »

Hi folks,

Here's a couple of funnies for you, taken by a firend at the recent Duxford Flying Legends airshow

Cheers

Leigh / Aces