It's changed the way I fly

choxaway

It's changed the way I fly

Post by choxaway »

Before buying TIR3 with Vector expansion, I invariably flew IL2 without the cockpit view as I just couldn't see what the heck I was shooting at. Now I can move my head freely and change views naturally, I'm flying with the cockpit switched on all the time.
The impression of being in a real plane has made this far more enjoyable and the sense of speed induces a far better adrenalin rush than before.
rodom

Re: It's changed the way I fly

Post by rodom »

Good to hear you like it!
yupik21

Post by yupik21 »

hey there - i've just come across this product, and think it may be the answer. i currently fly IL2 (badly...), with my right hand on the mouse controlling the view, and my left hand on the joystick - i just can't seem to work the mouse at all with my left hand ..i'm right-handed - anyway, the point is, I'm all over the place and just getting shot down all the time!!

Not that I mind - i love the game and i'm determined to get better!!

I was wondering, did you find it difficult to use TrackIR? Was there a big learning curve?

Happy flying all.
yupik21
ReFleX

Post by ReFleX »

yupik21,

This is by far the most amazing piece of hardware for flightsim fans ever to come about... Well other then a full HOTAS setup... I happened on it a few weeks ago while looking for RC a/c sites.. I've been outa flightsims for some time but somehow dropped in on a website. AirWarfare.com or something to that effect. I saw the advertisement. Peaked my interest. Then read a review by one of the guys on that site.. I purchased it the very second I finished the review.

I had it working within 5 minutes... Was flying it within 10. Took me about 3 days to go purchase the vector expansion. Read up on some mod's from other users. Setup a trackerhat with little balls covered in reflective tape. And some time adjusting distance. No more then a 30 or 40 minutes. I'm lazy so I looked for users who already made profiles and whatnot. Downloaded charvels profile and tweaked the deadzone and boom I was done..

I've been flying flightsims for a very very longtime. Got out when a Flightsim called AirWarrior kicked the bucket. Did some Ace'sHigh for awhile but didn't like the pay to play only aspect. And lost interest.

This amazing piece of hardware has had me glued to my chair, well virtual cockpit if you will from the moment I plugged it in.. It makes you feel like your actually in the cockpit. I can't say enough about how awesome this TIR3pro with vector expansion is.

Oops kinda got off the topic .... No I didn't find it hard to use or setup. It worked right outa the box so to speak..
pepper

Post by pepper »

I also found this product by acident, it was a ad i saw on a il-2 flying dedicated website, i decided to look it up. Since i was very sceptic at first i decided to look at the movies. This impressed me a lot, after reading up on the technique i decided to buy it, probably one of the best piece of hardware i baught for my computer.