Sluggish in game

Sparky

Sluggish in game

Post by Sparky »

Hi
If I check the profile,heads and dot etc. before entering a game all is well.Within 5 min of joining a game,the head controll is so sluggish its unusable.After closing the game TIR is still sluggish if i recheck it in profile untill I reboot it then it works fine untill I join a game again.
Any help would be much appreciated.
I am running the latest drivers.
rodom

Re: Sluggish in game

Post by rodom »

What if you try running the game without ever trying to use the TrackIR after a reboot? Does it still do this?
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.
If I shut the game down, track ir is still running slow until i turn it off and back on.
I would assume that if I close and open the game and leave track ir running it will still run slow.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Just to clarify,when I said "reboot" in my original post I meant track ir not my pc
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

My game runs fine, TIR runs slow.
Its very annoying.
rodom

Post by rodom »

I was asking how the game runs without the TrackIR software even running?
Mac

Post by Mac »

I had this problem too then all I did was hit F7.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Giving the front of the camera a wipe might help as it is easy to get a fingerprint on it when adjusting the camera with out realising it.

I still get the problem of TIR slowing down whilst running IL2+AEP+PF very occasionally and I think that there are certain instances of mission/aircraft that TIR has slowed down for me. Normally I finish the mission and then reboot the system. I have tried with out the PF installed and I think it is some where in the mission generator because I have never had it when I have not had that running.

The other thing might be that you or the camera has moved a bit.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Rick, the game runs fine with or without track ir running.When the problem arises, I move my head say left to what should be 90 deg it takes a long long time to move in game, by the time I look here there and everywhere track ir is so far behind I have to turn it off.
Mat . Thanks I'll try F7 tonight and see what happens.
Banned user Ill keep that info in mind.
Thanks guys.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Sparky I am not Banned
If your ingame head is moving very sluggish in one direction only that is someting different than an overall slugishness. What is happening is the tracking is wandering when in game.

If as you say you find that the movement is sluggish to the left then there are a few things that you can try. It might take any of the folowing either in combination or singularly.

Move yourself to the right slightly as you may of moved to the left.

Move the camera an inch or so to the left.

Turn the camera to the Left slightly.

Adjust the dot around to the right.

Move the peak around to the right.

Move the peak up a bit.

If you are using the Vector then in the Tracking Window adjust the peak with the Vector on so that the bottom reflections are as horizontal as possible.

If the problem if tracking is to the Right then reverse the above.