Sluggish in game

Sparky

Re: Sluggish in game

Post by Sparky »

Barred (not banned)
I gave left as an example only its sluggish all directions ,up,down ,left and right, when it plays up.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I gave up.None of the above suggestions worked.
It finally fell off my monitor and it can stay there.What a waste of good money.
wstreak

Post by wstreak »

I too am having this problem. Seems to happen only when playing offline. I will start a flight and during the flight the response becomes sluggish(i.e. turn to look 90 degrees and it will take 3-4 seconds.) I can pause the game and go to the trackir window and view tracking window and everything looks ok there. It is not until I exit out of IL2 and restart that will start working correctly again. My framerate us usally around 30-45.

System:
P4 3GHZ 800mhz bus
2G 3200 memory
6600GT graphics card

[ October 17, 2005, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: wstreak ]
rodom

Post by rodom »

This issue is still being looked into. As soon as I have an answer for it I will post here. As well I will keep you informed of any updates.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Ok I'll leave it sitting where it fell on my desk. I was hoping to be able to use the thing successfully by now.

Waiting for an answer,Sparky.
Oldman44

Post by Oldman44 »

I have a similar problem. We flew COOPs for about an hour and half. There were generally 24 planes in play with 4 people connected to my box. 0 stutter. I do want to add that it is an amazing device.

Stopped playing, set up a dogfight server with only 2 people playing. Myself and one other. 5 - 8 minutes into it, the "lag" started. It ran about 1 to 2 seconds behind my head movement.

Shut down, cold boot and went back into the game. Dogfight server, 2 players, less than 5 minutes it starts lagging again.

I am really confused as to what could trigger it.
I would have thought that when we were flying COOPs with 24 planes on the map, AAA and explosions something would go wrong then. It was only when I started up as a dogfight server.

I hope this gives you some more clues. I just got this today and up until the lag started it was amazing.

[ December 01, 2005, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Oldman44 ]
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Rick:
This issue is still being looked into. As soon as I have an answer for it I will post here. As well I will keep you informed of any updates.That was the 17th October Rick. Any news besides it seems to be effecting more people than just me. Whats the policy for a refund ?
rodom

Post by rodom »

So this same laggy occurance happens when you just view our "Heads display" in our software? If not, does this happen in any other software title?
cyanide

Post by cyanide »

OK,

couple of quick tries here:

- is your trackir connected to a hub or is it directly connected to your mainboard? It is advisable to connect it directly to the MB.
- try disconnecting the trackir, uninstalling all naturalpoint software, reinstall the software (latest from the internet I believe 4.028) and reconnect the trackir device
-if that doesn't work, close all curtains (sunlight) switch off all lights and see what it does. (mine's a little jumpy when there is a lot of sunlight)
- switch off usb powersaving in the control panel (under system, hardware, select trackir and switch off power saving).....I'm writing this while not at my own pc, so might look somewhat different.
- Experiment with smoothing in the trackir program....wonder if it does the "lagging" on 100% and/or 5%.
- disable vsync, and if disable; enable it. (for crosschecking)
- try it with the "mouse emulation" mode on (I think default f9) and see if that one lags as opposed to the "trackir enhanced" feature.

That's the best I can come up here at work.....good luck!

~SA~
bigbirdxx

Post by bigbirdxx »

I am having the same problem in IL2 pacific fighters, my "game head" turns slow and late. Will keep fiddling with settings. Hope this gets sorted out, its allmost un usable