Help!!

Jim

Re: Help!!

Post by Jim »

Hello:

I am not sure on this, but you really can't hurt anything. I believe that you can simply move the modules to another directory and then they won't be causing a conflict. Just have our module in the folder to start. Add the others back in one by one, or in groups and that should do it.
stewart

Post by stewart »

Thanks for the reply Jim,

I have tried to do that but still no joy, so have had to give in and re-install FS.

Yes it now works!!!! but I now have a stiff neck because of moving the view point around !!!!!!!

Thanks

Stewart
Jim

Post by Jim »

Stewart:

Glad to hear that the trackIR is working for you. Don't have too much fun right away!

Try increasing your scaling if you find that you are moving your head around too much. Also, a great trick is to place a dot or two on the end of a ball cap, that gives the dot more throw and you won't have to move your head as much.
Cas141

Post by Cas141 »

Gentlemen- I need your help. I am using TrackIR for combat sims very successfully, so much so that I am wary of messing up the Track IR for them, in order to use it in FS2002 which I have just installed. ( To re install is OK should I need to ) .
And reading this, it seems to me very complicated!.
At the moment I have the original 2.11 software for TrackIR installed.( I know!-should have updated but didn't want to mess up!!) and ,as I say, a brand new instal of FS2002.
Having read this thread I have saved the .edt files ( profiles for my combat sims,yes? ) from the windows explorer folder for Naturalpoint .
Can someone, in step by step instruction , help me to get Track IR working in FS2002.? Please.
I presume I need to download some new trackIR software but don't know which , nor where from.
Over to you guys - Please help a non techie- and happy New Year!!
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Cats141 you are using the latest Natural point softwear now so no need to download anything.

Ok what I would do is this, back up all your Track Ir profiles (I think you have done this) and uninstall the 2.11 Track Ir softwear.

No if you have only just installed FS2002 then its a clean install so no ned to unistall it, now reinstall the Track Ir 2.11 softwear and when it asks if you want to install the FS2002 custom.dll file do so and it should all work, if it doesnt follow the trouble shooting tips in the Track IR manual. If it all works copy your profiles back into the folder you installed the softwear too and your old profiles will work fine again.
Cas141

Post by Cas141 »

Hotdog S!
Thanks for the reply - but are you sure I have the latest software? It is what came on the CD when I bought trackIR over a year ago now?
...I think !

[ January 02, 2003, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Cas141 ]
Cas141

Post by Cas141 »

Thanks - I seem to have cracked it. Keeping fingers crossed for a day or two
Thanks again
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Just to clarify, the version of software that you posted, 2.11 is for the smart-NAV line, not the trackIR line. You MUST have the trackIR software, version 1.3 for it to work in FS2002. You can download it from our support page. Just install it and follow the prompts. Good luck.