Track IR V 2.0 and FS2002

Steven190

Track IR V 2.0 and FS2002

Post by Steven190 »

A quick question on FS 2002. I does not work with this. I got the Track IR to work with IL2 and EAW. Before I uninstall and re-install FS2002 and the IR, which is no big problem. I would like to know if the 2.0 works with FS2002? I found out that the V 2.0 will not work with EAW, lucky I am daul booted with EAW on the 98 side. I have CFS2 and 3 and FS2002 on the XP side. I check to is if the file is in the modules file and it is. Went to the cockpit screen while in the game and right clicked to check Virtual Cockpit. Had nothing, the mouse moves the cursor, no IR even changing modes. I just wanted to know if there is any trouble before I went and started the changes. I do have only a few add ons, so that may be some of the trouble. Thanks
Halstead York

Re: Track IR V 2.0 and FS2002

Post by Halstead York »

quote:Originally posted by StevenE:
A quick question on FS 2002. I does not work with this. I got the Track IR to work with IL2 and EAW. Before I uninstall and re-install FS2002 and the IR, which is no big problem. I would like to know if the 2.0 works with FS2002? I found out that the V 2.0 will not work with EAW, lucky I am daul booted with EAW on the 98 side. I have CFS2 and 3 and FS2002 on the XP side. I check to is if the file is in the modules file and it is. Went to the cockpit screen while in the game and right clicked to check Virtual Cockpit. Had nothing, the mouse moves the cursor, no IR even changing modes. I just wanted to know if there is any trouble before I went and started the changes. I do have only a few add ons, so that may be some of the trouble. ThanksSteven- I've personally used 2.0 in both EAW and FS2002, so they should certainly work. However, I should note that I'm using XP. We have a 98 machine at the office, which we've tested with FS2002, but not EAW, which I'll load up tomorrow and test.

Did the trackIR install seem to install the FS2002 components correctly? Did you get any error messages on install?
Steven190

Re: Track IR V 2.0 and FS2002

Post by Steven190 »

I tried the V 2.0 on EAW and it did not work in 98. I am using 98 because some of the programes that are add on did not work with XP, and I ahd alot of trouble with EAW and joysticks, so the 98 boot. everything works well. I tried and V2.0 did not work, so I installed the 1.3, I think and it works with this version. Do you think that the v 2.0 will work with EAw and 98? If so I will try again.
As for FS2002. I have the profession series and have added the corporation jets. When asked to install the FS2002 patch it did not find it automatically, so I had to direct it to the folder. The file is in the modules file. In the menu when you click in the FS2002 button it says in red."Support for profile auto-loading is not currently available for MSFS2002" Go to the game and do the virtual cockpit and try the IR. it moves the arrow around the screen, but not the eye view. Then I happened to change the mode and it WORKS. I guess that I just did not have the right combination of settings. I did not have the auto load button on, etc.
Let me know about the EAW and V 2.0 and 98.
Thanks for the reply
This is a neet gadget