General TrackIR 5 question

mpdugas

General TrackIR 5 question

Post by mpdugas »

I've adopted a profile particularly made for BMS 4.33.

Everything seems to work as it should in the TrackIR software itself. I get normal panning and tilting results when I test it.

The problem, for me anyway, comes when I load the flight simulator. The configuration of the 3D cockpit requires me to pan about 110 degrees to either side to see the ends of the panels.

In order to look at the left or right side-panels, where clickable buttons must be used, I am turning my head so far to one side or the other that I am looking out of the corner of my eye when I view the monitor.

I can no longer see the monitor or the 3D cockpit clearly because of this extreme point-of-view. Is this the expected result?

Can I reduce the required degree of head-turning and still see the extremes of the 3D cockpit sides which lie behind my virtual 3D head without making the panning within that narrower arc so sensitive that I lose control?
MikeWitham

Re: General TrackIR 5 question

Post by MikeWitham »

mpdugas,

I'm surprised that the profile you chose to use doesn't scale up the movements when you look to the sides of the plane. Is there a way you could load the profile here for me so I can see what the problem may be? What are your speed and smoothing set at? If you adjust a profile to ramp up your movements you can look 180 degrees with less than an inch of actual head movement.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager