MS Century of Flight

Georgio

Re: MS Century of Flight

Post by Georgio »

The beta driver works with FS2004, however I get a warning message on starting FS that 'incompatable software is loading' Does anyone else get this or just me?
grover

Post by grover »

Apparantly thats trying to be corrected Georgio.

[ August 04, 2003, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: grover ]
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

Guys-
We just posted a slipstream fix that should get rid of the waring. download the 2.11 beta again and let us know if the waring still pops up.
Quboid

Post by Quboid »

The warning's stil there for me after a uninstall/reboot/install. I checked the dll in the Modules directory and was created today, therefore it got replaced with the reinstall correctly.

BTW, the installer always complains that it can't find FP2004 as it looks in the default directory, which I did not use. In this registry directory:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0
- there is an entry labelled "EXE Path" which says where the fs9.exe file is - if you take this directory and add modules to it, you should get the correct directory for the file to go in and therefore only have to display the error during install if the user's registry isn't correct.
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

Sorry, we had a bit of URL slip-up.

We've moved the beta to v5, and posted it here.

Try it now.

[ August 05, 2003, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Halstead York ]
g7rta

Post by g7rta »

Hi, I have downloaded beta 5, but am still getting the 'incompatable software' error on starting FS2004.
I uninstalled the previous beta first, before installing no5

Regards
Steve
Razor

Post by Razor »

Hey there. I recieved my TIR yesterday and installed the beta 5 drivers without ever installing the Cd software and I am recieving the FS2004 'unknown software' error as well. I simply hit OK and load th game. It's certainly workable but slightly annoying.

On another topic, Is there anyone that has any ideas on how to set up a good profile for FS2004? I can't seem to get full range on my Y axis. The best results I"ve gotten so far is by putting the tracker unit behind me. The tracking doesn't seem to be 'stable' in game as well. By that I mean, when I move the view to about 90 degrees left or right the view seems to stutter and stop. When I bring my view back to center it catches back up to me and is normal. Is this because the tracker is losing my dots? If so..what advice do you have?

Thanks in advance