[FIX] Fix for Prepar3d V3

viperfan7

[FIX] Fix for Prepar3d V3

Post by viperfan7 »

I've found the issue and I've found a fix, and its INCREDIBLY simple, rename prepar3d.exe to p3d.exe, do that and it'll work fine

Explanation:

Prepar3d uses the SimCOnnect API instead of TrackIR's API, becuase of this, TrackIR has to have a custom implimentation of it where when it detects the exe running, it starts sending signals to SimConnect. Prepar3d V3 changes the .exe's name to prepar3d from p3d.exe, while TrackIR 5 still expects to see p3d.exe.

You can also have it be detected as FSX by changing the .exe name to fsx.exe.

EDIT:

A minor issue that was mentioned on the prepar3d forums about this fix is that this will cause P3D to generate a new config file that matches the name of the .exe
Last edited by viperfan7 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeWitham

Re: [FIX] Fix for Prepar3d V3

Post by MikeWitham »

viperfan7,

Thank you so much for the fix. I'll be sure to point people to this post when I see the issue pop up.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Toto-Free

Post by Toto-Free »

Well unfortunately the FIX did not work for me I wish it did. :cry: I am using Windows 64bit Pro and have had TIR since the 2 series, and am now using the TIR 5 with the 5.3 software.
My p3d v3 is a fresh install and it works fine only TIR does not work, even with the p3d.exe fix. My TIR works very well in DCS so I know it working. I don't know what to do now I have tried all sorts of things out there on web sites, but nothing seems to work!!!! A flight sim with out TIR is not very enjoyable so!!!!!!!!!! I need help help help!!!!!!
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Toto-Free,

Some installs of P3D are running as an administrator and causing this issue. Have you tried running TrackIR as an administrator to see if it corrects the problem for P3D?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Mike,

Dead in the water with P3D as well - the fix didn't work for me... Any ETA on when TrackIR will recognize the executable name ? Appreciate any help as P3D is unusable without my TrackIR...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott
Redglyph

Post by Redglyph »

It doesn't work for me either, with P3D v3.1 and win7 x64.
Renaming the Prepar3D.exe to p3d.exe, or running TrackIR as admin doesn't solve the issue.

It's the first program I encounter that has any problem with TrackIR.
Redglyph

Post by Redglyph »

Installing this version of SimConnect solved the problem:

{P3D}\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Redglyph wrote:Installing this version of SimConnect solved the problem:

{P3D}\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi
Redglyph,

So it may be a SimConnect issue? Thank you for posting that solution. I hope it helps the others on here.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

I'm running Win10 - I tried removing and reinstalling all (4) applicable simconnect files from the distribution - no joy... I've been messing with this since Friday - I'm to the point I might just remove everything and start a clean install...

Hi Mike,

Can you tell us what your TrackIR program is actually looking for to sense a connection (blue light on TrackIR4) to P3D ???

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Scott,

I'm sorry but the only solutions to this that have worked, that I know of are to run TrackIR as an administrator, or to replace the SimConnect file. I will continue to look, but there may be something on your system stopping it that isn't on mine.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager