[FIX] Fix for Prepar3d V3

WebMaximus

Re: [FIX] Fix for Prepar3d V3

Post by WebMaximus »

After reinstalling my PC from scratch I now have the very same problem, my TIR5 won't recognize P3D running.

I'm already running both P3D as well as TIR as admin and I'm using the latest version of both P3Dv3 as well as the TIR software.

As someone else said P3D without a working TIR isn't really that fun so I hope there's a quick way fixing this.

Richard
Richard
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

Problem solved by not running P3D as admin...
Richard
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

WebMaximus,

Interesting and good to know. Thank you for the update.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

Mike,

Maybe it would still be a good idea for you guys to look into what could cause this since in some cases the recommendation is to run P3D as admin for other reasons which as seen here in my case won't always be possible if you at the same time would like to use TIR.

Let me know if I can provide you with any more details should you decide to look further into the issue.

Richard
Richard
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

WebMaximus,

Unfortunately they use a third party integration for TrackIR and not our API which makes situations like this hard to diagnose. The old solution of running as administrator will work on older versions of TrackIR but not the newest. TrackIR used to run as administrator and issues would arise when it would try to communicate across different permission levels. Since the issue was becoming more prevalent we changed the TrackIR software to no longer run as admin. Now we are dealing with the same problem, just reverse.

There are also multiple different possible solutions based on what the problem may be and because of it working in the past, running as admin will still be a suggested troubleshooting step when attempting to locate a fix. Due to the nature of software issues there are a few things that need to be tested automatically and changing permission levels will be among those.

I wish we had a solution to prevent this from happening in the future, but with P3D releasing updates and using a third party integration. Along with us updating our software and advancing what we can. There is bound to be issues on some machines. We will do our best to resolve them as quickly as possible, and refine any troubleshooting steps along the way. It is too bad that there isn't a cure all for software issues.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

Many thanks for the thorough explanation and right now everything seems to be working just fine with P3D not running as admin so all is good :)
Richard