TrueView on/off for each axis / Arma 3

boololo

TrueView on/off for each axis / Arma 3

Post by boololo »

I recently got TrackIR 5 and quite happy about it,

Thou I have an issue while flying helicopters in Arma 3 - I like to be able to lean left/right and zoom with TIR, but the problem I encounter is when I look backwards and try to zoom in (leaning right and toward the monitor) it zooms out. For me personally its quite counter intuitive. So I tried to disable TrueView and now zoom works fine, but now instead of looking left and leaning right and forward in my chair to look back and zoom ingame, I should look left and lean left and forward. Problem with that is I can't really see what's going on on the screen very well. :? + it's just wierd.

With current software I came to the conclusion I'm quite unhappy about: either disable X axis or Z axis. Only thing that's came to my mind is if only each axis had their own TrueView option OR as the alternative, TrueView allowed me to cut off Z axis from its influence. Maybe there are some settings I'm not aware of ? - or there are some way to solve that by changing the TIR software files?

If not, it would be really nice to see something similar in the next update. :)
I hope that's make sense. (Im not a native english speaker so I apologize for possible mistakes)

Thanks
MikeWitham

Re: TrueView on/off for each axis / Arma 3

Post by MikeWitham »

boololo,

What you are saying makes perfect sense. I have passed the request on to my Dev team and will urge them to look into it for our next update.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
312_JS

Re: TrueView on/off for each axis / Arma 3

Post by 312_JS »

Hello.
Any update on this please?
I just got here by looking for a solution to the same problem (only in DCS).
Thanks a lot in advance.
JS