In Game Text?

grover

In Game Text?

Post by grover »

Does the version 4 software still require the red text in FS04 to be displayed in order for it to work? I stopped using the vector expansion because it would not work without the view text being displayed, but that is no good for videos I make. I was hoping it may have changed with the newer software but because I havent visited here in a while I dont know if it has been something that has been changed.

Cheers
777 Burnin AVG

Re: In Game Text?

Post by 777 Burnin AVG »

Huh? I missed this post. You don't need any text displayed for TrackIR to work in FS9. I have never heard of this issue before.

Jason
grover

Post by grover »

Hi Jason. Last I tried my Vector expansion in FS2004 it didnt work since I had disabled the message text which included the text which showed what view and zoom you were in at the top right of the FS04 screen. Just wondering if that had been worked around. i know I spent money on the Vector expansion, but its more important for me to not have this text in game.
777 Burnin AVG

Post by 777 Burnin AVG »

I was unaware that disabling anything in FS2004 caused TrackIR not to work. If for some reason you are hitting the F9 key that will disable your TrackIR.

I've asked Wayne to come over here and take a look at the issue.

Jason
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

grover,

Yes... Version 4 requires that the language.dll is not altered in any way. If you re-enable the text your Vector system will work normally.

Unfortunately if you disable the text this also disables the command line for what window is currently being displayed and this not only effects our software but other systems also.

I hope this helps.

[ June 07, 2005, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Wayne ]