CFS 3 support?

BBQ

CFS 3 support?

Post by BBQ »

Does anyone know what's going on with support for CFS 3? I heard conflicting reports...but since there is support for FS2002--I thought we could assume it would work with CFS3?

Any thought?

BBQ
Halstead York

Re: CFS 3 support?

Post by Halstead York »

quote:Originally posted by BBQ:
Does anyone know what's going on with support for CFS 3? I heard conflicting reports...but since there is support for FS2002--I thought we could assume it would work with CFS3?Ah, the sad truth- CFS3 will *not* support the trackIR out of the box. It has neither .dll nor mouselook support. I guess they want people to use that ultra-cool hat control .
We're working hard right now to get on the CFS3 team's radar, but in the mean time feel more than free to bug them yourself!
brannons

Post by brannons »

Is there a way to get the tracker to work with Microsoft flight simulator 3?

I'm trying keymapping, but it's not working.
Are you going to build POV support into the tracker?
Kamikaze*

Post by Kamikaze* »

Hmmm, so can I gather that it IS being looked into? I sure would like to get this to work with CFS3. It makes a significant change in the feeling of "being there".
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

Just to give everyone an update, It looks like Microsoft is releasing an SDK for CFS3, which should make all of this a bit easier,

In the mean time, make your voice heard! E-mail the CFS3 team at Tell_CFS@microsoft.com and let them know that you want trackIR support built in!

[ October 28, 2002, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Halstead York ]
mormegil

Post by mormegil »

Hi,

I don't have FS2002. I understand that supports TrackIR, in a "limited way." Can someone describe this to me, compared to IL-2?

Can this support be used in CFS3 currently?

Thank you
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

quote:Originally posted by mormegil:
Hi,

I don't have FS2002. I understand that supports TrackIR, in a "limited way." Can someone describe this to me, compared to IL-2?

Can this support be used in CFS3 currently?

Thank youActually, IL-2 is the program that supports us in a �limited� fashion (though mouselook) FS2002 has full .dll level support. That means that little or no re-centering is required as the trackIR maps absolute co-ordonates in the virtual cockpit. Most simply, it knows if you�ve turned your head too far, and will compensate when you move it back twards center.

Saddly, CFS3 supports neither the .dll or any kind of mouselook.

With the danger of sounding like a broken record, I�d suggest that you go tell Microsoft how you feel...

[ October 28, 2002, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Halstead York ]
brannons

Post by brannons »

I mailed cfs@microsoft.com.
It came back undeliverable.
brannons

Post by brannons »

Ok, I got it.
I mailed Microsoft successfully letting them know that I'd like Track IR supported.

tell_cfs@microsoft.com
brannons

Post by brannons »

In all reality, Microsoft won't support the track IR, so the question still remains.

Can Natural Point TrackIR get the device to take the place of a hat switch? Or at least get it to interface with other games from Software giants like Microsoft.(I don't think they even make game patches)