cfs3 or PF?

marty

cfs3 or PF?

Post by marty »

I just wanted to try the vector thing so I bought cfs3 to fly before I got vector. I fly PF now and man, these sims are different. in PF I have to watch closely my airspeed, how much I bank, stalls are harsh, etc. but cfs3 I seem to be able to do anything...stalls are as docile as a piper 180 at 120 knots (kind of boring).
I definitely like PF much better but does anyone know which sim is more accurate?
BM357_TinMan

Re: cfs3 or PF?

Post by BM357_TinMan »

Wow!, lol

Now THAT is a question....

Stock CFS3 planes aren't very good in terms of F/M or much else for that matter.

Add in CFS3 planes (AvHistory, Groundcrewdesigns, etc) are pretty good as far as F/M is concerned.

P/F Shines in Multiplayer and in a good deal of other aspects

CFS3 has weather, a realworld map with actual historical bases modeled, slip slide and CEM is actually modeled in CFS3, etc....

For playing offline, if you are more into a "sim" type feal, then CFS3 is worth the time of getting some add in planes and messing with it.

If you are more into a simi-simmed offline campaign, with more and better bells and whistles, or if you are more into m/p then P/F is most defineity your better choice....
marty

Post by marty »

Thanks TinMan...
I will look into AvHistory, Groundcrewdesigns for better planes because the ones in CFS3 stink. When I turn my head around I can look completely in back (can you say Exorcist!) and I have no cockpit (and I�m in a P51). I like the realism of having a cockpit in the back and glare from the sun of the canopy. I know that sounds crazy but...
I also hope the 1% planes behave a little more nimble than the stock CFS3 planes I will know tonight.
Thanks again TinMan...
droz

Post by droz »

groundcrewdesigns website is down. think it's been down for some time.

If you want the new planes to be in the campaign, I think there's a tutorial how to add the planes from AVhistory INTO the Campaign. Takes some XML editing to do it.
BM357_TinMan

Post by BM357_TinMan »

Two thing that I have to mention if you are planning on trying out the most of the third party planes.

1. Make sure you are using v3.1a of CFS3
2. Get the NEK REdux and install it FIRST right after you install the patch for CFS3
BM357_TinMan

Post by BM357_TinMan »

quote:Originally posted by droz:
groundcrewdesigns website is down. think it's been down for some time.
try this link

http://www.groundcrewdesign.com/cfs3planes.htm
marty

Post by marty »

Ok this seems a bit complicated...just cant upload the plane to a file...huh!
Ok I can give it a go...
A couple of questions...
1. I downloaded the patch from Microsoft�s web...not sure if it�s 3.1 or 3.1a or if there is a difference. I know from IL2/AEP/PF that every little patch makes a difference (their up to two letters now on the patch (bm?). anyway is there a way to find the version in CFS3?
2. What is NEK REdux? (Sorry if this sounds a tad green). How much XML do I need (trying to fly...full time job...graduate school...and a new programming language would be a little to much!)
BM357_TinMan

Post by BM357_TinMan »

1 - I think that "a" fixes some guages in a couple of planes

2 - CFS3 only has support for three countries, but a good deal of the add-in planes are from nationalities that are supported by CFS3. For this reason, a nationality expansion pack (NEK) was developed (I really wish that I could remember who made it because they do deserve credit for their hard work).

Anyway, this NEK must be installed for the 3rd party planes to function properly in the game. It is simple to install, just download the NEK redux and it is an executable. There is a small step at the end of installation that isn't any big deal at all, and then you are all set.