No function in CFS3

crazydead

Re: No function in CFS3

Post by crazydead »

Clean install of both still doesn't work. I even threatened to throw CFS3 in the trash and it still didn't work.

TrackIR works great in the other games that I have; FS2004, FSX, Lock-on.

On a side note...TrackIR is freakin awesome.
Schnurx

Post by Schnurx »

Sounds exactly like my problem, got the same. I guess it is related to the slightly different method of interacting between TIR and MFS3 than with other apps, Vincent mentioned.
I guess it hooks itself somewhere between the input and CFS3 and for some reason it doesn't work for us
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Sometimes the only thing to remedy the issue is to do a clean install of the OS.
crazydead

Post by crazydead »

Has this solution helped others get CFS3 and TrackIR4 to work together?
crazydead

Post by crazydead »

Hey Schnurx.... I'm curious as to what kind of devices you have. Flight controllers? Mouse? Keyboard? I wanna see if maybe we have something of the same that could conflict with CFS3 which may cause it to block TrackIR.

I have saitek x52 flight controller, saitek rudder pedals, razer copperhead mouse, g15 logitech keyboard, nostromo 52 speedpad, kensington usb hub. Do you have any of the same? If not we can try comparing actual on board computer parts.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Yes, it has help in past cases.
Schnurx

Post by Schnurx »

Hi CRaZy,

very good idea. It seems, we don't have exactly the same HW, but I see some similarities...

Joystick: Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner II (stupid name, great stick )
Mouse: Razer Diamondback (similarity)
Keyboard: Saitek Gaming Keyboard (similarity regarding saitek drivers like with X-52)
Ideazon Fang Keypad
Changed: USB-Hub is 4-port powered "Belkin" hub.

Also sometimes installed (not when testing with CFS3 though):
Logitech Momo Force Steering Wheel/Pedals
Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power 3

Other HW/SW:
Win2K professional, Asus A8V-Deluxe AGP Board, A64-3200, 1GB of RAM,Gainward 6800GT (set on Ultra-clock by vendor),
Detonator 91.47 drivers, SB Audigy 2.
Chipset version/rev.: Have to check.

Thats basically it, so far, at least as far as it may be even remotely relevant. Can't see the HDDs or the other drives playing a role in this
crazydead

Post by crazydead »

OK....I've also got a creative audigy but it's version 4. At least this gives us some things to try. I'm going to try unplugging my saitek stuff, razer mouse, and bypassing my usb hub first. If none of that works then I'll start ripping drivers out for the saitek, razer, and audigy. Hopefully we can find this little bug and kick it in the pants!
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

I have the same problem. I can run Track IR 3 AOK in Wings of War. I cannot run TrackIR3 in MCFS3 or Over Flanders Fields.

I have twice uninstalled MCFS3 and OFF and reinstalled with all upgrades to both (to 3.1a in MCFS and Supa Patch in OFF) all (MCFS3, OFF, WoW and TrackIR3) on the same drive (G:Program Files).

I have installed latest 4.1.029 TrackIR drivers, and also tried earlier drivers. I have tried attaching USB directly to the box and through a hub, all to no avail. There is never a blue light in MCFS3 or OFF but it appears and all runs in WoW. I do get green/yellow tally lights for MCFS3 and OFF but for some reason, the Tract IR does not see either game. This must be a problem which is specific to some settings or install procedures as the device clearly works with these games on other installs.

I run a custom box with 3 MHz P IV, 1 gig ram, Win XP Pro, SP2, Nvidea 5700 w 256meg ram and 95.97 drivers, sb audigy, NEC AccuSync 21�, Saitek Cyborg 3D Force.

I appreciate all the work that is being done on this, and eventually may be willing to do a reformat and reinstall, but only if there is good reason to believe that will work.

Thanks for the help.
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

I noticed a reference in one of your earlier posts which indicates that MCFS3 uses a "different" method to obtain and send the information necessary to make the link with TIR. It seems that we might be able to better figure out what to do (short of a reformat and reinstall of the OS and everything else) to cure this problem if you would kindly expand on this a bit.

Please tell us exactly what does MCFS3 do differently than other sims re TIR?

I would rather not overhaul the engine if I can retune the carb.

Thanks.