No function in CFS3

VincentG

Re: No function in CFS3

Post by VincentG »

In most TrackIR enhanced applications, the information is written in the software code itself.

For CF3 we have to use an additional file to try and tell the application what to do. The issue I think is tied in the application itself, i.e. it no longer understands the data that is being sent to it by the TrackIR unit.
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Thanks for the response. This begins to make sense.

Of course there is still a mystery as to why some users have no problems, and others find it so difficult to get the handshake to open the data transfer.

I do not see how a reinstall of the OS will certainly resolve the problem. At least I cannot now justify the attempt, although it may come to that.

Perhaps a reinstall of the TrackIR file which sends the data may do it. Does that file reside within the driver? Can it be reloaded?. Does it make sense to reload earlier Track IR drivers?

It does seem at least possible to get the link if we completely remove and reinstall TrackIR after the MCFS3 / OFF files are in place. I will try a fresh TIR install in that order and see.

It does not seem likely that graphics card drivers are part of this problem, would you agree?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

As far as graphic drivers, no I don't see an issue.

You can try a clean install of the TrackIR software, but it sounds like you have already tr5ied that.

The main issue, I think, can come down to a registry setting for CFS3 that get left behind during an uninstall, and then isn't overridden when it is reinstalled, and part of this is hampered as I have been able to find any manual uninstall instructions for CFS3.
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

You are correct. I did uninstall MCFS3 and moved it to another drive to save space. Hence one possible approach to resolving the problem (or testing the theory) is to reinstall on the original drive.

Registry scrub for MCFS3 would be a real slog without a guide. However, if the need is specifically noticed, we may get lucky. I have repeatedly been impressed by the diverity and depth of experience on various forums. Meanwhile thanks for the advice. We'll see.

For our purposes here it may be worthwile to ask (or poll) how many of those with this problem have uninstalled MCFS3 or moved it to another drive.

There is a solution to this.
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Vincent-

Well I got some advice on the manual removal of MCFS3 and reinstall. After a careful scrub of registry and reinstall still no joy. I still can run TIR with Wings of War, but now no blue light.

I have noticed that there is no entry in the registry at HKEY/Current User/software/NaturalPoint/NaturalPoint/V3.13 GX for either MCFS3 or Over Fladers Fields AKA "OFF".

Is this as it should be or is it part of the problem?

If no reference, why not?

I also noted what appears to be a dos bat subroutine at the end of the install which ran at the end of the TIR install. Where is that file? I would like to examine it to see if there are any hints.

Thanks.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

With the TrackIR 3 , why are you using the 3.13 version of the software?
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

I am using 4.1 build 29.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Vincent-

I have noticed that there is no entry in the registry at HKEY/Current User/software/NaturalPoint/NaturalPoint/V3.13 GX for either MCFS3 or Over Fladers Fields AKA "OFF".
Just looking at your registery line, and was wondering why you would be looking for it.....
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

This line came up when I did a search during the scrub of the registry when I removed all references and files for MCFS3 OFF and TrackIR in my last attempt to get the device to work.

I removed all references. This apparently was left over from an earlier install. It seemed that there should perhaps be references to MCFS.

What about that dos subroutine?

Where does it reside?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Dos subroutine?