No function in CFS3

Schnurx

Re: No function in CFS3

Post by Schnurx »

What he means is the "special" file which apparently hooks into the communication between CFS3 and the input, as compared to other games.
You mentioned that this was done by a special file/program with CFS3, rather than TIR-Support being directly coded into CFS3.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Actually it is built into our software, and detects the CFS application running.

Actually, it is built into one of the TrackIR dll files.
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

It seems logical that if there is a special approach which applies only to MCFS3 that the problem we are trying to solve is somehow related to that. Can we examine that? It is at least possible that the file is failing to detect the MCFS3 program. Perhaps there are path limitations or ???

I am not certain if it is the same program but, there appears to be a dos program which runs at the end of the TIR install to "clean up". That runs so quickly it is impossible to see what it does. Is there a way to examine and run it line by line to see if there is something which may help explain this anomaly?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Actaully, the approach is used by several older games that the code isn't written into the application software.

As for the "cleanup" utlity, if there is one, I'm not aware of anyway to allow access to run it line by line. Also it isn't tied into the external code approach to the older applications.
Schnurx

Post by Schnurx »

Thanks for the information, Vincent!

So, to summarize: Code in a TIR-dll checks if MS-CFS3 is running (or other older apps).
Something goes wrong in some installations of TIR/CFS3 and either CFS3 doesn't register itself correctly, so isn't seen as running or there is some problem in the dll-itself.

I have a suggestion: I can log all file-system,registry and process/thread activity during the startup of CFS3 with the free Microsoft/Sysinternals ProcessMonitor, which your programmers will certainly know, and send the file to you. This should give your coders some information about where and when and maybe even why the problem occurs.
Do you think that would be useful ?

Best regards and thanks for your help!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

I will ask them, after they return from the holidays....
Schnurx

Post by Schnurx »

Sure
I hope, they'll enjoy it
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

No issue
Schnurx

Post by Schnurx »

sooooo.... them boys back yet ?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Actually they are off to trade shows, through the end of the year.....