No function in CFS3

Schnurx

Re: No function in CFS3

Post by Schnurx »

Ok,...latest ASUS Bios (1017) installed, VIA Hyperion V5.10a reinstalled. No change, no blue LED.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Hmmm, well that doesn't leave us much room for more troubleshooting steps.

TrackIR

1 - Have it working with applications on this system.

2 - Had it working with CFS3 on another system.

3 - Latest updates (chipset, game, and motherboard)

4 - Clean installs of the game application, as well as the TrackIR software.

Well, that pretty much leaves us with an issue with the OS itself. It could be a registery setting for CFS3 that is preventing it from functioning, and I can't find any manual uninstall instructions for the game.

So, that leaves us with the only other step to take, a clean install of windows.
Schnurx

Post by Schnurx »

Hi Vinvent,thanks for the answer...

I think, maybe the issue is with a dll (maybe directX-input) or some other ressource CFS is using, which theall other apps don't.
All other meaning GTL,GTR, BoBII, IL2, the SFP1 series, DTM Race Driver (Toca in england), FS 2004. All work fine. With FS2004 the blue light comes on only when I've selected a flight and start the actual flying, I guess this is normal ?
Yeah, I can see your point, but I don't think it is directly an OS problem, but rather a problem of one or more dlls or registry entries CFS3 uses.
A fresh install of my system is really out of question, without absolute certainty (and even with) that it is an OS problem. It would take me about a weeks evenings or even more to install and setup everything again.

If there is something I can check in the registry, it would be great if you could give me some further information, about what entries to check etc.. I could also send you relevant parts of my registry exported, if that would help.

Best regards,

Martin
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Unfortunately, all the other applications would be using the same TrackIR software dlls and/or registery entries. Limiting the issue to the CFS3 entries, which I haven't been able to find instructions for doing a manual uninstall on. Which generally included any listings for the application in the registry.
Schnurx

Post by Schnurx »

Hmm, it's a really strange problem.
What happens when I start CFS3 is basically this:
First, the green LED and 4 "tracking"-LEDs are on. When I start CFS3, they all go off for a short moment and then go on again, looks like CFS3 or the TIR-drivers are doing some initialization or something. They then stay on.
As far as I can recall the LEDs don't go off, with other games.
Is this sequence normal, when starting CFS3 ?

Thanks for your help !
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Sounds about right, the implementation for the TrackIR and CFS3 are done slightly different than in some other applications where the code is built into the software itself.
crazydead

Post by crazydead »

I've got no function for CFS3 either on my trackir4 pro. Installed all latest game patches and latest trackir software. Already tried reinstall of both game and software. All games work but this one. I did notice something very strange going on between trackir software and CFS3. Everytime I run the game the trackir software doesn't even recognize that the game is running. Which means it doesn't load the profile either. Already tried loading a default profile...still no function. CFS3 also causes the trackir software to lock up unless I run CFS3 in windowed mode. It seems like these two programs aren't playing nice somewhere in the coding. Any solutions?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Which version of the TrackIR software are you running?

Which TrackIR?
crazydead

Post by crazydead »

I have the TrackIR 4pro.

I've tried both of the latest versions of TrackIR software...
4.1.0.28.final and 4.1.0.29.alpha.03.

My CFS3 is patched up to 3.1a as well.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

So with a clean install of the TrackIR software (deleting the install folder), and of CFS3 (deleting the install folder) it still doesn't recognize the TrackIR in CFS.

Does it work in other applications?