Naturalpoint install direction issues

snake122

Naturalpoint install direction issues

Post by snake122 »

First off thanks for the 6DOF patch NP!
I had some issues with your install directions. I had a fresh install of Mig Alley since I just recently reformated my hard drive. Here's how I did it:

1 Install the game from the CD.
2 Install the MiG 1.23 patch from Interplay Entertainment. MiG 1.23 patch mirror.
3. Install BDG patch .80 from http://www.bob-ma.org/modules.php?name= ... tit&lid=14
4. Install this beta patch: mig_085_f2.rar, this just overwrites the mig.exe, it isn't an install package which is the reason for 3
4 Once both patches have been installed, launch TrackIR software.
5. Load MiG Alley, then exit (that way BDG.txt will appear).
6. Edit a file called "BDG.TXT" in the game folder, usually: C:\rowan\mig
Edit line: TRACKIR=OFF to ON
Edit the line: TRACKIR6DOF=OFF to ON If you have the 6DOF expansion
Save the file.

I removed these steps because I don't have a BDG option in my preferences menu any more. I used to and vaguely remember it was in a weird spot but I can't find it now.
6. Click "Preferences."
7. Click "BDG."# Check the box next to TrackIR.
snake122

Re: Naturalpoint install direction issues

Post by snake122 »

Even better install directions from Retro, the coder of the TrackIR support in Mig Alley.

1) MiG
2) 1.23
3) 0.85F (NOT F2) - this thing comes with a NSIS installer to make it comfortable and also puts in some additional files NOT in 85f2
4) (if Win98 or WinME is used) 0.85F2 to hopefully fix TrackIR not working in these operating systems
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Thanks for posting these Snake,
I'll try to have our tips&tricks for mig alley updated, asap.

two questions :
1 - i assume you are saying we just need to have a link to BDG_MiGAlley_0.85F.rar instead of mig_085_f2.rar . yes?

2- As far as I know, only the old trackir 3.13 software will run on win98 and winME. but this old software doesn't support 6DOF...
Were you just wildly guessing that the mig_085_f2.rar file might make the latest trackir 4 software work on this operating systems? or suggesting users of these operating systems need mig_085_f2.rar to run 3.13 software? just curious (it's a litttttttle bit over my head).

Thanks!

[ February 21, 2006, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint-Warren ]
Retro

Post by Retro »

085F2 is only needed by people running Windows 98 or ME (and it should be installed ON TOP of 085F) - the game has issues entering the "3d" part with the 085F version in these circumstances, hence the F2 fix

I don't know which drivers support which operating systems.
KJVA

Post by KJVA »

Where can I get BDG_MiGAlley_0.85F.rar ?
KJVA

Post by KJVA »

I found it. Has anyone any experience modifying the driver to enhance the available resolutions ?
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

I'm sorry sir, this is beyond my ability to support.

(just posting here to bump the thread for other players )
kevin

Post by kevin »

KJVA: could you please post where you found BDG_MiGAlley_0.85F.rar

Thanks,
Kevin
kevin

Post by kevin »

von Baur

Post by von Baur »

085F2 is only needed by people running Windows 98 or ME (and it should be installed ON TOP of 085F) - the game has issues entering the "3d" part with the 085F version in these circumstances, hence the F2 fix
So you're saying that I don't need 085F2 if I'm running XP? That's good news, because I was coming here to find out how to install it...it won't open for me. But maybe I don't need to worry about it.

Another problem. Every time I click on the http://www.bob-ma.org/modules.php?name= ... tit&lid=14 link it comes up "The page cannot be displayed". I realize this is all 9 months old. Has this patch been moved to another site? Help.