BoB version 0.95 has shipped!

Osram

BoB version 0.95 has shipped!

Post by Osram »

Find it here:

http://www.3d-raumplan.com/FlightSim

Apart from many non-TrackIR-related new features and bug fixes, it is AFAIK the second combat sim out with a native TrackIR interface and the first using the interface from 1.40 (and 2.0). Be sure to read the manual sections on TrackIR.

Thanks to Birch, Halstead, Jim and crew for getting us up and running and enabling a nearly simultaneous release of 1.40 and BoB.
DNME

Re: BoB version 0.95 has shipped!

Post by DNME »

Thx for the heads up Osram. Downloading as i type
snake122

Post by snake122 »

Can't wait to try it! Just a quick question, do I need to install any other patches to a fresh install of BOB or do I need something else first like Falcon 4.0 to 1.08 to SP3?
Osram

Post by Osram »

Simple answer :
You can just install it over the install from CD-ROM or any other BoB installation.

Slightly more complex answer:
For BoB, we decided to have two lines or types of patches:
- Gameplay patches containing a new exe and all files that are directly affected. For example, 0.95 varies Flak shapes, so you need all the Flak shapes or get problems, so 0.95 contains the additional Flak shapes and some other things. Thus, it is smallish (3 MB).
- The ArtworkModPack. This has new sounds and textures replacing the old ones. It is about 12 MB. We included things that we think are better than Rowan's version and not a matter of taste,

We will ship AMP 1.2 in probably less than a week, so you can wait for that and install on top of 0.95. But if you want new artwork NOW, you have to FIRST (!) install the AMP 1.1 and THEN the gameplay patch 0.95.
snake122

Post by snake122 »

Thanks Osram, EXCELLENT WORK! I quite frankly hadn't touched the sim for a long time but it's amazing now! Absolute mode with TrackIR is jaw dropping! I can't wait for more sims to support this!