KX2US's enhanced mode support for Falcon 4.0!

snake122

KX2US's enhanced mode support for Falcon 4.0!

Post by snake122 »

Get it here! http://24.184.249.248:9999/FlightSim/TIRF4.Zip

Test report to follow soon, thanks Kx2us!
Koriel

Re: KX2US's enhanced mode support for Falcon 4.0!

Post by Koriel »

Hoidy,

Received the file yesterday from a friend who wanted me to try it out..

Well I followed the description exactly,
added the -head,
started TrackIr software in enhanced mode..
cranked up F4
minimized F4
started tirf4.exe
back to F4, dogfight, 3d cockpit.

And it worked..

I had loaded my FB profile, and it is a bit on the agressive side for F4, I could also look straight behind me (fixed for FB). My FB deadzone seemed a bit on the large side for F4, but what the heck... it works !!!

Haven't looked further yet, perhaps there is a possibility to switch from enhanced view in 3d cockpit to 2d cockpit with mouselook?

Not sure but i think this is first release of this tool.. Can only get better and it's already an improvement !!!

Koriel out
Virus

Post by Virus »

Great really great.
I'm very happy to discover this.
I used it all yesterday using the simple procedure with no problems at all.
Thanks.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Help how do I exactley enter the command line in XP??? I'm trying to figure out how to get the falcon 4.0 file to work for my track IR??? help. I'm not stupid I just need to know how to enter the -head command???? thanks, Kurt
snake122

Post by snake122 »

Right click whatever shortcut icon you use for Falcon then select properites. Then click the shortcut tab, the line that says target: C:\FalconSP3\Falconsp.exe (may not be exactly your command line, it's what mine is) add -head after the falconsp.exe.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Thanks, I'am more clear on what to do, do i need to put a slash\ or just -head? also in SP3 how do I minimize the game? while in it??? probably a simple answer? I hope, thanks alot guys I appreciate it!!!
snake122

Post by snake122 »

quote:Originally posted by bubbles:
Thanks, I'am more clear on what to do, do i need to put a slash\ or just -head? also in SP3 how do I minimize the game? while in it??? probably a simple answer? I hope, thanks alot guys I appreciate it!!!Just add -head to the end of the line, no slash needed. Use Alt-tab to change back to the desktop while in the Falcon UI, but don't use when you are actually flying, it usally causes crashes.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Thanks!!!!! got it, I'll try it out tonight!
gromualdo

Post by gromualdo »

You folks seem to have solved the F4 TIR compatibility issues but still can't get it to run on my Windows XP system. I thought I would give you the steps I have tried..

1.run Track IR and place in enhanced mode (F8)
2.Run falcon4sp.exe -head or even used the F4patch w the dynamic headmovement off then minimize it (Alt-Tab)
3. run TIRf4
4. go back to F4
5. get into dogfight and hit Sht 2--wide cockpit and press F9 to enable--nothing happens with the Track IR led on and no view changes;
6. retried it again with the mouse cursor enabled by hitting the R mouse button--cursor appears but again no view change or cursor movement
7. tried hitting F9 again--no change
8. escape from the dogfight mission, minimize F4, fiddle around with the settings in Track IR--again same results wether I am in mouse emulation or enhanced IR mode and even made sure the tracking was active (F9) before I go back into F4--again no view change

Help!!!! I have run this hardware in Strike Fighters and think its a great adjunct for SA but as a sim Strike Fighters leaves a lot to be desired..I rahter be plaing F4...

Do I need to create a profile before hand? If so how do I do that or is there somewhere that I can download the file?

Thanks
snake122

Post by snake122 »

quote:Originally posted by Elbeast:
You folks seem to have solved the F4 TIR compatibility issues but still can't get it to run on my Windows XP system. I thought I would give you the steps I have tried..

1.run Track IR and place in enhanced mode (F8)
2.Run falcon4sp.exe -head or even used the F4patch w the dynamic headmovement off then minimize it (Alt-Tab)
3. run TIRf4
4. go back to F4
5. get into dogfight and hit Sht 2--wide cockpit and press F9 to enable--nothing happens with the Track IR led on and no view changes;
6. retried it again with the mouse cursor enabled by hitting the R mouse button--cursor appears but again no view change or cursor movement
7. tried hitting F9 again--no change
8. escape from the dogfight mission, minimize F4, fiddle around with the settings in Track IR--again same results wether I am in mouse emulation or enhanced IR mode and even made sure the tracking was active (F9) before I go back into F4--again no view change

Help!!!! I have run this hardware in Strike Fighters and think its a great adjunct for SA but as a sim Strike Fighters leaves a lot to be desired..I rahter be plaing F4...

Do I need to create a profile before hand? If so how do I do that or is there somewhere that I can download the file?

ThanksIt doesn't work in the 2-d cockpit, normal or wide view, but Kx2us is working on that. Try the 3D cockpit by pressing 3.