TrackIR 5 freezing in Prepar3d

StewCal

TrackIR 5 freezing in Prepar3d

Post by StewCal »

I've been using TrackIR successfully with Prepar3d 4.1 for quite some time. Lately however I have been experiencing "lockups" in certain scenarios. Just did an experiment. I started Prepar3d and loaded the default scenario but changed the aircraft to the piper cub. Everything worked fine. I then loaded the FSlabs A320 into the same scenario. Fine. Then I changed the airport to Aerosofts Frankfurt with the A320. TrackIR worked for a few seconds and then locked up. It took me awhile to figure out what was going on. It seems that its happening with complex payware airports, but just recently.
I did recently complete the Windows 10 fall creators update but the problem started before that installation. One more detail. Head tracking still works within the TrackIR interface after the lockup in Prepar3d but upon closing TrackIr it hangs and has to be closed with Task Manager. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve G
StewCal

Re: TrackIR 5 freezing in Prepar3d

Post by StewCal »

On the suspicion that my issue could be a result of the creators update I rolled my computer back to an image prior to when I first started noticing the problem. Unfortunately, the issue remains which makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the TrackIR unit itself. This is very frustrating but hopefully I'll be able to figure this out with help.

Steve G.
StewCal

Post by StewCal »

One thing that I did not mention in the initial post is that when TrackIR freezes, nothing in the Addons menu is available i.e. FSIPC, addon manager etc.

Steve
mc_sushi

Post by mc_sushi »

Hi StewCal, if the TrackIR tracking works fine and freezes in only certain conditions, it is very likely the problem is on the client game side. The addon menus becoming unavailable in P3D at specific moments in the simulation indicates something may be conflicting in the simulation environment. As long as you can confirm that the TrackIR tracking is working fine on the TrackIR software, the actual device must be working properly. I would suggest testing it with another simulation and see if the same issue gets reproduced.