trackIR support in SF:P1

Halstead York

trackIR support in SF:P1

Post by Halstead York »

trackIR and Strike Fighters: Project 1 users:

As many of you know, we have been working actively with Third Wire Productions to have enhanced trackIR support included in their upcoming service pack for Strike Fighters: Project 1. However, during the implementation, a number of issues have appeared that would not be addressed in time for the service pack�s release date of Jan 21st. We are currently re-writing our trackIR Remote Interface to address these issues.

Therefore, trackIR support released with the SF:P1 service pack will be in a �beta� form, and for the time being, we recommend that you continue to use mouse emulation mode. Once our new trackIR interface is finalized, Third Wire will be providing our users with an updated .dll that works with the new interface.

Although this pushes out a much-requested feature by a couple of weeks, we know that any trackIR enhancement must meet the high standards that our users set for us and themselves. And just wait until you see what we�ve got planned for the next few months...
Nodak01

Re: trackIR support in SF:P1

Post by Nodak01 »

Smart move, never release the unfinished or junk. When she's ready give us a hollar.
simon661

Post by simon661 »

I'm hoping to be able to get Strike Fighters:Project 1 to work in enhanced mode. Given that the post stating that it only works in mouse emulation mode was written in January, can any one tell me what the position is now on getting this to work?
It is listed as a game that supports enhanced mode, and that was one of the reasons I bought it, so I'm dissapointed to find now that it doesn't seem to.
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

Still waiting on the new SF:P1 patch. As soon is it's released, we'll let you know.