2 Temp Fixes For Lock On Centering Issue

Charlie251

2 Temp Fixes For Lock On Centering Issue

Post by Charlie251 »

Well, although I have not gotten a 100% solid confirm that this problem exists, I will post the fixes. MCG_Rattlesnake has posted that it is confirmed by beta testers to be an issue and the patch will be out soon to fix it.

So, that being said, I would assume, although I have not confirmed it myself in the final version, thet this exists.

When you press the center button for the TrackIR, the view auto centers to the lower instrument panel. On one computer, it will center dirctly between the pilots knees. On another computer, it centers on the pilots left knee. So, it seems to either be system dependant or on some other factor.

Two ways to fix this.

1. Center the TrackIR. Where ever it centers to, look at that spot with your head and center it again. When you look back to center with your head, your view will follow and will be reasonably close. You will have to play with it a bit to make it work perfectly.

2. Center the TrackIR when you are looking straight ahead where your center head position is and then, WITHOUT MOVING YOUR HEAD, quickly hit the pause button to pause the TrackIR. Then use your POV hat to center your view where you want it. Then, unpause the TrackIR and go about blowing stuff up.

Lets hope that the problem doesn't exist, but if it does, here are the fixes until an official patch is released.
sterno

Re: 2 Temp Fixes For Lock On Centering Issue

Post by sterno »

i'm afraid it exisits for me ,have tried the workarounds,but i still have probs with getting a good center.ijust hope the patch is quick in coming,until it is i'll have to fly without my trackir
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

I'm sorry to hear the work arounds dont help. I know it is a pain, and you can never get it just perfect, but I was hoping that it would work for most people. After a few hours of doing it a great deal, I've got it down pretty well.

Anything I say at this point about a patch is pure rumor as I have heard nothing officially. But, from past experiances with this exact same kind of issues, NP has come through for us by releasing a new version of software to fix it. I would venture to say it really wouldnt be all that hard for them. So, we will see.

Now if only Eagle Dynamics / UBI would have taken my offer to be their "TrackIR / Lock On Beta Tester" when I made the offer to them (back when Lock On was still in Alpha Code), this whole mess wouldnt have happened. If only I would have received the media beta four weeks ago when we were scheduled to get it instead of the day before Lock On hit the shelves...

Should of, would of, could of.... oh well!

All we can do now is wait....
JRH147

Post by JRH147 »

Same problem here - major bummer - also it feels a lot more jittery with LOMAC then it does with FB (TrackIR2 here) - and on FB it works perfectly!!

Oh well, I know it will work eventually - I'll have to try your fixes Charlie - thanks.
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Just got my copy deliverd from the US, its happening to me too Charlie .

I was really looking forward to LOMAC with TIR, hope they patch it otherwise its going on the shelf for me as I brought it because of TIR support.

BTW the temp fixes didnt work for me either
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Dangit. This is a major let down. Seems that NP is constantly getting stepped on by these crazy bugs! Will be fixed soon.

Sorry these fixes dont help. Method 1 works for me but not method two. Method two works for Zak, but method one doesnt. So it is hit or miss.

Hopefully we will have Official word soon.
Cudaguy

Post by Cudaguy »

Charlie I'm having the same problems with my TIR1 and the 3.01 drivers.
Also the "look up" still isn't fixed from the demo. When activating that workaround fix, Lshift+Rctrl, I lose my TIR deadzone settings making use very oversensitive and difficult to use.
Hopefully either TIR or UBI will step up to the plate soon and fix this. Until then LOMAC is shelved and I'll continue to fly IL2FB.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

NP is not to blame.

Nor can they do anything about the limited FOV in the game.

I am slated to call Carl either tonight or tomorrow and I will speak with him on this issue and see what kind of answer I can get.
Cudaguy

Post by Cudaguy »

Thanx Charlie,
How's the weather in FL?
I lived in Bradenton until 2000...man, I miss the FL winters.
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

It will be good to get a fix and no doubt afix we will get, it such a pity this bug crept in as LOMAC is quite nice otherwise, I have been flying using the HAT and it just dawned on me I havent flown a sim using a hat for nearly 2 years and I found it so cumbersome.

SimHQ forums also seems down to me and have been for nearly 18 hours (Anyone else??)
Im trying to get the PDF keycard that was missing from the box.