Questions before I buy.

glowrod

Questions before I buy.

Post by glowrod »

First off, how much head movement is needed to get 90 degree or greater field of vision on screen? I understand that the speed with which the IR moves is adjustable but I want to make sure that when I'm checking my 7 or 8 oclock I can still see the screen.
drawninward

Re: Questions before I buy.

Post by drawninward »

It all depends on how you set it up. The default is about a micron of head movment to look behind you...or something equally too sensitive, but you can set the speeds to whatever you want at different points. I have it set so about an inch or two of head movement looks 90 degrees. In anycase, it's completly natural once you get used to it and your monitor will still clearly be in your view when looking as far around as you can in the game.
Lipfert

Re: Questions before I buy.

Post by Lipfert »

Hola,

I have a really big dead spot in the middle, if I'm looking over my shoulder it's just to clear my six.

So I speed that up, using trackIR Enhanced (Absolute), Custom, Smoothing at 120 my Edit Point to Speed Ratio is 0,0 / 2,0 / 5,0 / 10,0 / 20,5 / 30,10 / 40,20 / 50,25.

This may seem crazy fast looking back, but my view on this is, if he's behind me, I'm not looking at how pretty the plane is looking, I'm trying to clear myself fast.