TrackIR Pro & X-Plane 8.0 & 8.03 & X-Cockpit

jorankinen

TrackIR Pro & X-Plane 8.0 & 8.03 & X-Cockpit

Post by jorankinen »

I can't get my Track IR 3 Pro to work with X-Cockpit. Only the mouse control works in 3D view regardless of the setting in X-Cockpit. Track IR is on, but X-Cockpit setting does not appear to to recognize the device or the joystick/arrow setting either. Track IR works fine with MSFS2004. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Jan
Wayne

Re: TrackIR Pro & X-Plane 8.0 & 8.03 & X-Cockpit

Post by Wayne »

jorankinen,

Drop me a quick e-mail at the office then I can send you a small app that you can run a test for me.
Combathanger

Post by Combathanger »

TIR 3 not working for me either in Xplane. I have tried using just DOT and the 2 axis. Mouse works as wel as joystick buttons......however, the windows are not transparent on the inside (d400 plane ).....so I cant see in 3d mode

I am useing OMEGA drivers for my 9800 Pro....but have had no other ill effects before.
tbies

Post by tbies »

I just paid $140 for a new TrackIR 3 pro, just set it up, but its does not work in X-Plane 8. Any solution or workaround?

The sell sheet for the TrackIR3 Pro states "TrackIR sends a real-time stream of instructions to your computer via USB to move the mouse pointer" ...Huh?? Am I missing something here? How do I tie the device to my mouse pointer? Was I mis-lead?

Frustrated as heck.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Sorry for the confusion. TrackIR version 3 software does have mouse emulation. TrackIR version 4 software does not have it at this time. X-Plane is a TrackIR Enhanced title, meaning that it does not require mouse emulation. Currently you must have the Virtual Cockpit add-on installed, as referenced on our web site here:
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/games/xplane.html

Austin has told us that the Virtual Cockpit will be integrated into the latest version of X-Plane, but we don't know when that will happen exactly.
tbies

Post by tbies »

Thanks for the reply Jim. I discovered late tonight that the newest TrackIR software is missing the mouse control feature. I uninstalled it, and since have installed version 3.12 which came on the CDR shipped with the unit. I hope this feature will return in the newst software builds.

I've also emailed Austin to get a status on the TrackIR implementation. The 3rd party plug-in which was written for version 7 does not work with version 8 of X-Plane.

Regards,
Tom
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

tbies,

I am working with the guys over at laminar and we are looking at direct support to Xplane.

Nobody wants this more than I
kgilb

Post by kgilb »

quote:Originally posted by Wayne:
tbies,

I am working with the guys over at laminar and we are looking at direct support to Xplane.

Nobody wants this more than I Glad to hear, just purchased my TrackIR and can't wait to use it with X-plane!
Combathanger

Post by Combathanger »

quote:Originally posted by Wayne:
tbies,

Nobody wants this more than I And I thought there was just one guy at Laminar research 8)

Is there somethig new with TIR not working with new builds, I have xplane 8 and CNT-O activates track ir find...but Im using 8.05 or so.
777 Burnin AVG

Post by 777 Burnin AVG »

Combathangar,

Are you using X-cockpit with X-plane 8.05 or?

Jason