FLASH-X-Plane 8.10 natively supports TrackIR!

Wayne

Re: FLASH-X-Plane 8.10 natively supports TrackIR!

Post by Wayne »

tbies,

Just as an update we will be releasing a new TrackIR build that will allow the v4.0 to work with X_Plane.
Austin has the code in, it just requires an update from us now to work.
Look like you guys got your wish afterall.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We will post a new Beta tomorrow that will include X-Plane support, so you can use version 4.0 software. We are very happy that this is now done as well!
tbies

FLASH-X-Plane 8.10 natively supports TrackIR!

Post by tbies »

After my email campaign, Austin has finally coded TrackIR support into the 8.10 build of X-Plane. You will have to use the 3.12 version of the Naturalpoint software however. Its so nice to see the blue LED...

tbies

Post by tbies »

Using the new software version now. Works great with X-Plane! Much more accurate then the mouse support in 3.12.
BM357_TinMan

Post by BM357_TinMan »

Yea, it's great

Now Austin and the gang need to make some good 3d cockpits and implement 6dof and we'd be all set
snake122

Post by snake122 »

Guys,
I haven't bought X-plane since 5.0 because I don't fly civilian stuff much (well virtually at least) and it didn't have TrackIR support. Right now X-Plane is about thrid on the list on my software wish list, but which way should I buy it when I get around to it? As I remember ordering directley from Austin is suppose t0 have some advantage over the store boxed copy. What exactly is that and is it worth the extra $30 or so to get it directly from Austin.
awamech

Post by awamech »

I believe the difference between the boxed version and the one from Austin is that the boxed version only has scenery for the US. The version from X-plane has Worldwide scenery. I think thats the only difference.
snake122

Post by snake122 »

Cool thanks for the info, I don't know if I'd fly enough outside the U.S. to pay the extra $30.
awamech

Post by awamech »

I feel the same, there is supposed to be a big scenery improvement soon...I imagine it would be a pretty big download. Lets see what develops.
Apogee02UK

Post by Apogee02UK »

Hello.

Love TrackIR but I'm reaching the end of my tether trying to get TrackIR Pro 3 with vector expansion to work in X-plane.

Originally, I tried downloading the X-cockpit plug-in and placed it in the correct folder in X-plane version 7.5. Then added the Robin.

I checked the right box in the equipment section, made sure the plug-in was enabled etc.
I had activated the TrackIR device before loading the X-plane programme and the green light was on - but no dice.

I've tried the same procedure with the X-plane version 8.1 demo, but with the same results.

I can get into the virtual cockpit no problem but, alas, no head tracking.

I've tried various versions of the driver...I'm now using version 4.0.25

I have tried every variation of the module settings including clicking on the mouse enable.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Gary