FLASH-X-Plane 8.10 natively supports TrackIR!

777 Burnin AVG

Re: FLASH-X-Plane 8.10 natively supports TrackIR!

Post by 777 Burnin AVG »

Native TrackIR support is only a reality in the absolute latest version of X-Plane. It doesn't work in the 8.1 demo I believe.

Jason
Piddy

Post by Piddy »

I can't get it to work using the 8.20 demo software either. (TrackIR Software 4.1 with 3Pro Hardware & Vector Expansion)
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

Same here. No blue led and no success playing with the options and permutations in the game config (x-plane app setup screens).

Sim looks great but I won't be buying it until after TrackIR works.
BM357_TinMan

Post by BM357_TinMan »

Track IR DOES work in V8.2. You have to press Ctl O to get it to work.

However VE does NOT work and most cockpits are pretty crude as of yet. shadetreemicroaviation makes a couple of pretty good panable cockpits though. They call them "3d" but I have a fealing they are like the IL2 style pits; they pan well, but are probably NOT truely 3-d....I maybe wrong though.

Anyway
1. Track IR DOES work in v8.2
2. VE Does NOT work
3. press Ctl O in game
4. not a wide variety of good panable cockpits yet, but more are coming....
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

I found the option in the Joystick settings (in the menu) and the Equiptment tab (of the Joystick settings). That's is enabled. Also, the plugin (XCockpit) is also enabled. Could that be causing a conflict?

As soon as I press CTRL-o I get the mouse view - but no TrackIR functionality and no blue light on X-Plane load.

I do have VE and I am assuming that your statement that VE does not work you are saying that 6 degrees of freedom doesn't work. Do I have to remove the clip?? That seems strange.
BM357_TinMan

Post by BM357_TinMan »

X-Plane doesn't support VE yet. NOt sure if it will or not, hopefully. However, TrackIR does work, your head will turn left to right and up and down.

Remove the xcocpit plug in, it conflicts with the native support. Then it should work
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

Dude!

That fixed it. I moved the plugin (X-plane Install Dir\Resources\Plugin\XCockpit750Win.xpl) to a temp dir and that fixed it! Sweet! Thanks!