Finally

maik

Finally

Post by maik »

Always wanted to be first .

Only had the chance to do 1 ride, works great so far. Gotta do more further testing tommorrow.

greets
maik
edbert

Re: Finally

Post by edbert »

Dale (lead developer) posted this today:

There are 3 modes of operation.
Pan mode. Continual pan like mouse look.
Snap Mode. Instead of pan it smothly goes to the closest view.
Transition mode, It move your head instead of Rotating it.

Also if you are in Pan or snap mode and press a view key, the tracker switches to move mode untill all view keys are released.

I.E. you can press look back, then just move your head to see around in the back view.

Both pan and snap mode use the closest saved head postion.
edbert

Post by edbert »

...and this from the read-me for patch 7:
Added native TrackIR support. The default keys are CTRL F1, CTRL F2, CTRL F3, CTRL F4, and CTRL F5 corresponding to Tracker Pan, Tracker Snap, Tracker Move, Tracker Center, and Tracker OFF. If you have remapped keys in the past, you will need to manually map these functions. They are located in the Views portion of the keymapper.
NOTE: To get full head movement, you will need to download the next version of the TrackIR driver from NaturalPoint when available.
mire

Post by mire »

I think HTC is cooking up the best TIR support possible, I think it will be the best we've seen.

It's just their way of doing things.
balsy

Post by balsy »

Hey all. looking for help on setting up my Tir2 profiles and assigning keys for use etc.. Can anyone kinldy post what works for you?

Appreciate the help climbing the learning curve.

Balsy
edbert

Post by edbert »

I think you have to wait a little more. HTC used the ctrl-1 through ctrl-5 key-combos for the various functions. He has also appraently 'extended' the functionaility somewhat since you can not only look around with the TIR but you can move your head (up/down left/right forward/backward) now, they can do this since they are the only game with a real 3D cockpit (IL2/WW2OL/WB2004 are all 2D).

I could not map HTCs keys using the TIR software since it does not register key combinations for me, I am using 3.11. Hitech said we'd have to wait for new software from NaturalPoint, I'm sure it wont be long.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

edbert,

The updated drivers that will include AH2 will only be a minor update and will include new titles only.

The view limiting that a few will be experiencing, will be lifted to what Dale has set. I have tested with view uncapped and everything works great without any problems, and YES you will be able to look directly upwards without the restricted view.

quote: I could not map HTCs keys using the TIR software since it does not register key combinations for me, I am using 3.11. Hitech said we'd have to wait for new software from NaturalPoint, I'm sure it wont be long.
I am not too sure that I understand this part of your question.

Dale has made it possible for you to map these functions to your joystick if needed, I have tested this without any issues.
These functions do not need to be mapped within the TrackIR software, if that was the case then this would result in keyboard operation to activate.
The F12 key (center view) still works as normal, this can also be mapped to a joystick button.

NOTE:
The software that came with your joystick must be used for the mapping of the keyboard keys.

I hope this helps to answer your question, if I have missunderstood for Gods sake tell me.
balsy

Post by balsy »

Wayne,

The obvious "when" question... When can we expect the new drivers?

Thanks,

Balsy
wasq

Post by wasq »

quote:Originally posted by edbert:
I could not map HTCs keys using the TIR software since it does not register key combinations for me, I am using 3.11. Hitech said we'd have to wait for new software from NaturalPoint, I'm sure it wont be long.The Ctrl-F1 ... Ctrl-F5 keys are AH2 keys, not TrackIR ones. If you wish to map them, use the AH2 key mapper (settings->controls->key mapping->view keys, or something like that in the game clipboard). I have disabled TrackIR keys for centering, switching the device on/off and mode switch entirely since the AH keys can be used for all that.

The TrackIR support in AH2 is simply awesome! I have TrackIR 1 device and haven't used it with AH since I didn't get used to the mouse look thingy, but now it's totally different game.

The possibility to "move around" in the cockpit is very good, you can peek around the nose (or headrest) quite naturally.

[ August 03, 2004, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: wasq ]
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

balsy,

Very very soon, I have the profiles finished, its a matter of bundling it all together.

Read my posy here...
http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ ... 7;t=000002

[ August 03, 2004, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Wayne ]