Looking down

Yippee38

Looking down

Post by Yippee38 »

Has anybody noticed that when you look down and to the sides, your head seems to move back, away from the direction you are looking? This gives you a nice view of the lower side of the cockpit.

I noticed it while flying in the BoB scenario this weekend in a Bf-109 E4. I haven't tested it in other planes, but I suspect that this may vary plane by plane.

Anybody see this? If so, what plane were you in, or what plane were you in when it didn't do this?
edbert

Re: Looking down

Post by edbert »

Hiya Yippee, I think that has to do with the POV that you have saved from before you had the TIR support. I notice this most when checking 5:00 or 7:00. I get a nice slow pan and then the view sorta "pops" into the "head against the glass" view that I had saved for use with the coolie hat view.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Yippee38,

I think that edbert is correct.
I have made everything default and it works perfect.
balsy

Post by balsy »

Tried the default view, but found that it does not give you the best views. You can mitigate the disorientation of the "pop" from view to view by ensuring your head height is the same or close to the same in the same vertical area (up left, up leftback, up left front) and that you head position with in the cockpit is generally in the same front to back position. This applies to all views except the all important "check 6" view where the back of your head is firmly mounted on the gunsite >
Yippee38

Post by Yippee38 »

Thanks for the responses guys. I realized later that this was due to the headpositions I had saved for that aircraft.