Vector Expansion Support ?

bino

Vector Expansion Support ?

Post by bino »

Is there any date for AH2 to fully support the new 6DOF TrackIR Vector Expansion?

Other than the traditional "two weeks", that is.

[ December 07, 2004, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: bino ]
Yippee38

Re: Vector Expansion Support ?

Post by Yippee38 »

I too would like to know if, or when, it will work with AH2. If it did, I'd be whipping out my credit card. If not, I'll have to wait.
balsy

Post by balsy »

I have Tir2, ordered Tir3pro and vector anyway, because most of my problems with Tir2 involve me "leaning"when in near a shot.

Even with out full Y access support, I believe this will be a big improvement. I can wait on HTC to add Y access coding in "2 weeks"
Combathanger

Post by Combathanger »

One thing you may want to do is map a key for looking around and another for 'leaning'....this lets you effectively shut off the tir ROTATION (somehting I did before finding the lean feature) but still use the tir....esp for over the nose shots

Considering how long it took to get TIR support....what was it 2 years or so.....Im not holding my breath...even though AH2 with its already modeled 3d cockpits would be PERFECT for this.

Now about the $200 its gona cost...

[ December 08, 2004, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: Combathanger ]
Jim

Post by Jim »

The rumor that I hear is that we will have AH2 support before you know it. No promises, but I do know that as of tomorrow they will have a Vector on their doorstep!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I have spoken to Dale this morning... You will get you wish.
wasq

Post by wasq »

quote:Originally posted by Wayne:
I have spoken to Dale this morning... You will get you wish. It was indeed quick, it will be in the next patch which might be out tomorrow.

Check this thread in the AH BB for Hitech's reply. Very quick work indeed.
bino

Post by bino »

You guys rock!
ericd

Post by ericd »

Check out patch 6. If you have Vector Expansion, I think you'll like it.
bustr

Post by bustr »

Camera positioning in relationship to the hat brim for Vector.

Should I try to have the camera at the same elevation in front of me as my hat brim for the Vector enhancement. Currently my camera is ontop of my monitor which places it level with the top of my cap. Distance is about 24".

My question for this is in relationship to the P47D-11 Razor back in AH2. Because the gun sight is off center to the right, I am limited to looking over my right shoulder to see down the side of the fusalage. To accomplish this in virtual reality I then have to lean my head back and up forward as high as I can go in the cockpit to see down the right side of the plane for a 6 view. It seems in this version 4.x of the software when you turn your head to 6 it does not pull the 6 view you set in your view file. Instead you have to move your body and head to look around your head rest to see back.

How this relates to my initial question is, if I lower my camera to level with the hat brim, does this give me a bit of virtical play to elevate me view up to help look back and over the side of my non bubbel canopy aircraft.

Now the viewing system is very realistic for bubble canopies in that turning my head to look over my shoulder without also leaning my body a bit gives me an excellent close up view of the head rest. This then requires leaning back, up and to the side of the head rest to see my 6.

How did it go for you when you tested it to make the AHII profile? Did you experience these same issues?

I have found that moving my head around very quickly ending at back and down will sometimes freeze the view at back and down requiring recentering on the fly. Speaking of recentering. Is it normal for the center to degrade after a combat engagement requireing a recenter? I noticed this in the previous version of the software befor 4.x.