EECH PROBLEM

dustoff

EECH PROBLEM

Post by dustoff »

I have tried several times to get the IR2 working with EECH it works great with IL2AEP
should it be used in virtual cockpit mode or in mouse emulation mode
I need help understanding what I could have done wrong.
I currently have version 1.4.7.X running
Wayne

Re: EECH PROBLEM

Post by Wayne »

DUSTOFF271,

It is very important to follow the instructions, and the superpatch must be installed, this will then allow TrackIR to work in Enhanced mode

1) Install Enemy Engaged : RAH-66 Comanche vs. KA-52 Hokum.

2) Patch to version 141c (patch can be found at Razorworks)

3) Then run the Superpatch available at http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/

All newer versions are just replacement files for the executable cohokum.exe and can be copied into the "\razorworks\cohokum" directory, replacing the original:
official versions 1.4.6X and 1.4.7X with improvements and compatibility with ATI radeon cards
unofficial version 151D which is 1.4.6/7X modified by DeStRo's Weapons and Units Tweaker to improve the game
unofficial versions 1.6.0W2 and later: modded versions using the official source code released by Razorworks

The file game.cfg which contains the user settings (graphics, difficulty etc) may be changed when running a new version. In case of odd behavior delete this file and re-configure the game to your liking.
From version 1.6.0W5 onward, cohokum.exe uses a configuration file eech.ini to control the game. This is a text file that can be altered by the user to configure the game. It is generated automatically if it doesn't exist. New mods and options are added automatically with each new version.

This should help to get you started, if you are still having problems let me know.
dustoff

Post by dustoff »

Roger that I will get started tonight by removing EECH and reinstalling following your directions. Thanks if this works it will give the sim a whole new dimension! I can't wait.

Would you happen to know if anyone has drivers for Longbow 2?
Longbow 2 was wonderful with the old 3dfx cards but now everyone is running Geforce or ATI cards and the graphics leave something to be desired. Not to mention it would be great to have IR2 working in that sim as well.

Thank You for your time and knowledge
This type of forum is what truly makes the internet work.
dustoff

Post by dustoff »

I have removed EECH and reinstalled install version was 1.4.1c
I then installed superpatch by simply replacing cohokum.exe with one in zip file
What do I do with the ohter files in patch zip?
I have ran the Tracker on mouse and absolute with no luck I removed the game.cfg and then reset my options still no luck
also now my x45 saitek controller are not controlling the collective. When I start the rotors it automatically increases collective to 59% and stops no more control and no head control with the tracker
I can move the mouse around in the menus but nothing in game
do I have to change something in .ini or is there a keyboard button I need to use to start mouse look?
How do I tell the game or computer that I want to use mouse look to control view?
I have unplugged the x45 and just tried to get the IRtracker to work in the game no luck
if I leave the x45 plugged in and enter game I can control some functions and not others I have the latest version software from saitek
has the control key changes or been updated from original box controls?
I have now removed and reinstalled EECH twice with no luck HELP
Retro

Post by Retro »

Yes sadly EECH doesn�t behave too nicely yet, but we are working on fixing that.

I suggest you check out these threads that deal with your joystick problem, if you try the newest executable (w15f), fixing your trackir+controller problems should be easier..

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards ... 0;t=003695

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards ... 0;t=003706

Just ask (here or on simhq) if you have any questions
alpeswolf

Post by alpeswolf »

hi,

I have a problem running ee and I hope u can help me! I'm so desperate, I love this game! I have windows xp, installed the game, did the patches (I hope all of them) and the game still wont work! I can enter the game select a mission and all, but I can't see the plane's frame or anything! only the hud and the sky! damn weird!

please help if u can...
many thanks
alpeswolf

Post by alpeswolf »

hi,

I have a problem running ee and I hope u can help me! I'm so desperate, I love this game! I have windows xp, installed the game, did the patches (I hope all of them) and the game still wont work! I can enter the game select a mission and all, but I can't see the plane's frame or anything! only the hud and the sky! damn weird!

please help if u can...
many thanks