Combat Flight Simulator 3/Over Flanders Fields

Griff

Combat Flight Simulator 3/Over Flanders Fields

Post by Griff »

I recently purchased Combat Flight Simulator 3 with the intention of using the Over Flanders Fields mod. The newer disks are pre-patched and install version 3.1. I installed the 3.1a update and then followed the OFF installation instructions. I am not able to use my Track IR 4 with vector expansion. I have the latest software installed and have tried the Track IR with other sims. I know that it should work with OFF since many people use and talk about just how great it is with the sim. Is there any magic that I am missing to get my Track IR to work? I have re-installed a couple of times and no go. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Griff
VincentG

Re: Combat Flight Simulator 3/Over Flanders Fields

Post by VincentG »

No special tricks that I am aware of. I have seen it just not function properly on a few systems. Generally it has come down to a reinstall of the OS, as there is a corruption in the registry that causes it not to work in some way.
Griff

Post by Griff »

Thanks. I will try a reg cleaner and reinstall my Track IR software and see if that helps. If not, oh well. I won't reinstall my OS just for one game. Thanks again.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

No issue
Schnurx

Post by Schnurx »

Please tell me, if it helped in any way. I tried the same thing with the same problem, to no effect.
To me a complete reinstall of the OS with about 40 installed games, gigabytes of missions, mods, skins and setting up about 10 different applications is not an acceptable "solution" either.
If there is a known corruption in the registry, it should be possible to fix it manually.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It seems to be an issue with the install of CFS, and I have been unable to find a full manual uninstall of the application.
Schnurx

Post by Schnurx »

Well... I finally have some time, what with my holiday starting on monday. I'm going to install CFS on a machine which until now was definitely absolutely untouched by CFS and the TIR software. I will record all file-system and registry changes, which occur during the installation.
Maybe this will give some insight into which registry keys and settings etc. are relevant and have to be deleted/changed.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Let me know how the testing goes.
Shigawire

Post by Shigawire »

I have the very same problem. CFS3 and OFF worked fine with my TIR4 Pro, but now the TIR doesn't have any effect on either CFS3 or OFF.

OFF is a mod for CFS3 for those who didn't know.

TIR4 seems to work just fine in the TrackIR software when I test it. It senses my track-clip fine, and rotates the dummy head around just fine.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What OS are you running?

Have you made any changes to the system lately?

Do you have any Logitech devices installed?