Can Golden Wings use 6DOF ?

Cas141

Can Golden Wings use 6DOF ?

Post by Cas141 »

I have the latest drivers with my trackIR Pro 3/V.E, and in FS2004 I get 6DOF- Fine.
I recently downloaded the Golden Wings add on, and then found that trackir did not work in that.
So I went to the modules folder of FS2004 and I saw a trackir -2002. dll, so I copied that into the modules folder of G.W. install and then, on start up, I am asked if I want to load this dll.
If I say yes, I get Trackir to work but only in 2DOF.
When I load FS2004, I get asked the same question. I say no but TrackIR still works , and at full 6DOF too.

So there is an instruction somewher in FS2004 that allows 6DOF to work? Can I copy that to the G.W. install?
If so, what is it and where do i find it, please ?

TIA
VincentG

Re: Can Golden Wings use 6DOF ?

Post by VincentG »

Does the GW install change the language.dll file for FS2004?

The dll file was intended only for use with FS2002, or with the older version of the TrackIR software required a dll file to work with FS2004. This was resolved with the 4.1.xx version of the software.

When issuing in 6DOF mode - Is it just the planes from GW that aren't in 6DOF?
Cas141

Post by Cas141 »

Does the GW install change the language.dll file for FS2004?

I'm not sure what this means - sorry- nota techie-lol

The dll file was intended only for use with FS2002, or with the older version of the TrackIR software required a dll file to work with FS2004. This was resolved with the 4.1.xx version of the software.

Aha- that is why when asked if I want to use trackir2002.dll, and i say no, that 6DOF still works in FS2004!

When issuing in 6DOF mode - Is it just the planes from GW that aren't in 6DOF?
]

No, no trackir works in Golden Wings, on any plane- even the cessna
Is there a folder or file in FS2004 that I should copy to Golden wings ? When Golden wings was "made" from FS2004, something was removed from FS2004, was it not? Or am i on the wrong track? - (sorry re pun! )
BTW - thanks for your efforts here and happy Xmas
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Is there a folder or file in FS2004 that I should copy to Golden wings ? When Golden wings was "made" from FS2004, something was removed from FS2004, was it not? Or am i on the wrong track? - (sorry re pun! )
BTW - thanks for your efforts here and happy Xmas [/quote]

I'm not aware of anything being removed.

It should just work, as long as you are in the VC mode.
Cas141

Post by Cas141 »

Vincent S!

I don't know if i explained it fully.
6DOF works fine in FS2004.
Trackir of any sort only works in the Golden wings add on, if I load the trackir 2002.dll when invited to on load up of Golden wings. And as you will know, that only does 2 DOF, yes?

Golden wings is an add on, which when first installed uses the FS2004 installation, and creates a sort of separate flight sim with its own exe.
So, I assumed that parts of FS2004 were duplicated to make the golden wings install, and that therefore something was missed viral to trackir working in Golden wings as 6DOF?.

cheers
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It may only support 2 DOF, due to the way it modifies the exe, and dll files.
Cas141

Post by Cas141 »

Ah, I see. Thanks for the prompt replies.
In my layman's way I was wondering if there could be a file copied from FS2004 to GW to make GW behave like FS2004 in respect of 6DOF ?-lol.

Because I thought it was only terrain and scenery and such that they would have modified from FS2004?

Ah well, I tried Thanks again and happy New year
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

No issues.