Track IR 4 Pro and FSX Lag

oiler

Re: Track IR 4 Pro and FSX Lag

Post by oiler »

In my case helped to set tir priority to HIGH (second highest priority from 6 possible) i experimented with firewall too because FW detected some kind of communication if TIR tracking and i think FW is still examining this communication and CPU usage is going up by this way. I've discovered that FW has visible influence on performance in FSX with TIR but in some cases TIR lags still remained - anyway FSX going better with no FW runnig on background (completly switched off of course with unplugged Internet). So if someone has still lags with priority switched on high than try to shutdown FW software (unplug internet before it!!).

Dualcore is maybe sollution becuase i have single opteron on 2.8 with 100% usage and second core for TIR will be good anyway but don't know about lags.
What processors have u?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It sounds like the Firewall software you are using is interfering with the TCP/IP protocol that FSX is using to talk to itself.
oiler

Post by oiler »

yes but I dont know how to tell to fw to not examine commnication and other components using by FSX and TIR.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Some FW software applications have a TCP/IP "wrapper" that they use so all stack info goes thru their software regardless of if it is running or not.

Some non-Microsoft firewall and antivirus applications will block this "localhost" connection between an add-on and FSX automatically, without any notification. In this case, you must configure the firewall or antivirus application to include both FSX and the add-on (specifically, the fsx.exe file and the add-on's .exe file, if it has one) in the list of �trusted exceptions.� If this is not done, the add-on will not work properly with FSX. Please refer to the documentation for your specific firewall or antivirus application for details on how to add programs to the list of trusted exceptions.

Also I have seen people uninstall the firewall software, then reinstall it, and it helped remedy it as well.....
caserock

Post by caserock »

Hello all,

I was having the same problem and I've found a "solution" that works for me.

In FSX, the default for full flaps is F8..

for TrackIR, F8 will put your device into "precision mode", dampening the output for your inputs for more precise movement, causing a lag time between your input and the output.

To test and see if this is your problem, just hit F8 when the slow down begins and see if this fixes the problem. If that's the problem, simply re-map your Full Flaps key.

hope this helps!!