CF3 Vista Help

Alanthegrate

CF3 Vista Help

Post by Alanthegrate »

Well here it goes I have Vista U 64. I installed CF3 all the way to 3.1a. I have a IRT 3 Pro and I installed verstion 4.1 build 30 and CF3 does not work with it at all. I have tried all differnt was that you have said in all forums about uninstall and install and clean install no Joy. nothing works. I do not have Logitech Set Point Software Logitech Wireless Software install the vista is a clean install. Pleas help, also all outher Flight sims and raceing games work the only game that does not work is CF3 I think it is vista.
VincentG

Re: CF3 Vista Help

Post by VincentG »

Could be a Vista issue, will look into it.....
Alanthegrate

Post by Alanthegrate »

thanks for getting back to me and al so on the e-mail. I tryed the compatibility mode in differnt modes but no-joy I hope you find a problam I am have withdrows for CF3 with no TIR thanks
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It might be an issue on the location that CFS3 gets installed on the system?
Alanthegrate

Post by Alanthegrate »

HAve you found any thing yet or do you need any info from me?
Mark_Gibbons

Post by Mark_Gibbons »

Hi, I also have the same problem, I so far have tried running TrackIr and CFS3 in admin mode, both out of admin mode, one in and one out and runing one/both in xp sp2 compatability mode but nothing works, my little blue light won't light up. I also have a feeling it's due to the location in which Vista has installed it. Perhaps its due to the fact that the documents folder is a vastly different path to what it is in xp sp2.

Has anyone found an answer yet??
Slice

Post by Slice »

Is this something you plan on looking at Vincent.. just we have a lot of users with Over Flanders Fields mod using TrackIR and more and more people are buying new PCs with Vista.

I have tried it in Vista 32 and 64 no joy.

Also with the another major CFS3 massive mod MAW just out - this is a big issue looming. By the time we release Phase 3 of OFF many more people will have Vista. Could be a show stopper.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

We are looking into it....

Possible memory restriction within the Vista OS.

I'm currently waiting on a troubleshooting build, from the development team. I hope to have it straightened out, shortly....
Slice

Post by Slice »

Excellent news Vincent. If you need beta tester I have Vista 32 and 64 and XP on loaded with CFS3.
barndog

Post by barndog »

Received my TrackIR five weeks ago. Called because CFS3 cannot connect with TrackIR if you run VIsta the day I received my unit.

Vincent said then and says now that he is waiting to hear from MS.

Called MS and they told me:
1. They don't support CFS3 anymore because it is OBSOLETE
2. They don't support 3rd party developers because cfs3 is obsolete.

Still waiting with a very expensive paper weight!

ANy suggestions???