I'm about to get Track IR 4 for use in FSX, a few ?'s

caaront

I'm about to get Track IR 4 for use in FSX, a few ?'s

Post by caaront »

Hello and thanks for opening this thread. I am going to purchase Track IR on the first and have a few simple questions.

Do you recommend the hat clip or the clip?

---- I was thinking that with the clip pro and turn your head to the left the camera might lose sight of the LEDS , is that a real problem?

Also, I think I'll try the hat clip first, I know that it has 3 points, and uses reflective material for tracking purposes, would I be able to use my 3 point hat with IR LEDS if the measurements are the same?

How steady is Track IR in flight in VC mode?

Is it steady enough to allow you to click on switches and use dials?

And finally, I have a very bad neck, can you set up Travck IR with a geneorous dead zone so you don't have to keep your head locked perfectly still, as to allow a little bit of movement with your head that doesn't move the POV in the game?

Thank you for taking the time to read my questions, and hopefully answer them.
Aaron
Last edited by caaront on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:59 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: content
VincentG

Re: I'm about to get Track IR 4 for use in FSX, a few ?'s

Post by VincentG »

The TrackClip Pro, and the standard TrackClip behave the same, as far as the software is concerned.

You do have to move the TrackIR to the left side of the monitor to compensate for the TrackClip Pro being mounted on the left side of the headset.

It is possible to use active LEds, with a TrackClip setup.

Some customer use it, while clicking switches, some like to setup a dead zone to click switches, some like to pause the software, it depends on your setup and tastes.

Yes the deadzone is fully adjustable, within the different profiles
caaront

Post by caaront »

It sounds great, I can't wait until the 1st gets here.
Thank you for the reply, it is very helpful.
caaront

Post by caaront »

I was wondering if I can get T-IR 4 with just the hat reflectors and then later on could I just order the clip, or would I need more software with it?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=caaront]I was wondering if I can get T-IR 4 with just the hat reflectors and then later on could I just order the clip, or would I need more software with it? [/quote]
A TrackIR with the TrackClip PRO uses the same interface as a TrackIR equipped with the standard TrackClip (the hat clip with passive reflective markers). So, you are more than welcome to make the upgrade at a later date! :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Crewecut

Post by Crewecut »

[quote=caaront]How steady is Track IR in flight in VC mode?

Is it steady enough to allow you to click on switches and use dials?[/quote]

Only as steady as your head, so make sure your dead zone is appropriately configured, or you�ll find yourself chasing buttons and dials instead of flying the aircraft. Especially dials with + and - values on the radio stack are difficult, �cause you may need to turn it for a long time to reach a frequency. In those cases i usually pause the sim or deactivate TIR with F9. You don�t happen to know anyone who can make the buttons in FSX sticky, do you?!