FS2004:Still get stutters with TrackIR and ActiveCamera

RSColonel_131st

FS2004:Still get stutters with TrackIR and ActiveCamera

Post by RSColonel_131st »

Hi all.

Using TrackIR4 with Software 4.1, FS2004 version 9.1 (after the patch) with the ActiveCamera for 9.1

Per the advice in the sticky I disabled the head latency options in the ActiveCamera Setup (all three checkboxes are not checked), but when I move to the edges of lateral head movement inside the cockpit (max left/right) I get the view jerking around.

Reducing Maximum FPS to 25 helps a bit, at 45 (my normal target framerate) it's very bad.

Problem is that some aircraft (like the DA Dornier 27) have very narrow movement left/right and I need to move full right in order to actually click some switches on the copilot part of the cockpit. With other aircraft that have much larger area of movement, it's less pronounced but still there as I move to the "border" of the virtual cockpit.

The only reason I want AC running is the mouse panning/zooming in external view. If I could get that effect someone with anything else, I'd be happy.
VincentG

Re: FS2004:Still get stutters with TrackIR and ActiveCamera

Post by VincentG »

When looking at the TrackIR software, are the tracking objects being lost, when moving your head to the edges?

Any red in the camera view?
RSColonel_131st

Nope, tracking is fine. When I unselect ActiveCamera "Internal Pilot View" the stutter at the edges is completely gone.

Problem is that when this option is unselected, it also disables mouse panning in external spot plane view, which is the one feature I want to keep if possible. (Ironic that external spot view panning needs "Internal pilot view", isn't it?)

From the stickies here I read it that "Internal Pilot View" can remain selected as long as head latency is off, but for me that just seems to cause problems.

I have another idea I can try, I just wanted to see if there's previous experience with this error.
RSColonel_131st

Hhmm, no one has any idea?

I find it really hard to give up the ActiveCamera functions in Spot View, and the "Flyby" view are also nice to have. But it's just unuseable with TIR for me due to the cockpit shaking.

There must be a solution, if it works for so many other people?