Rise of Flight and TrackIR

Seth Steiling

Re: Rise of Flight and TrackIR

Post by Seth Steiling »

Bummer! I'll let Vince continue to handle this, as I'm out of ideas. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
lion737

Post by lion737 »

Is there any solution in sight for the TrackIR / FFB2 stutter under Win7 ?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=juergen]Is there any solution in sight for the TrackIR / FFB2 stutter under Win7 ?[/quote]
As of right now:

- I wouldn't classify it as Win7, because some are experiencing it in XP too
- we can't reproduce internally
- there are very few users reporting this issue, and it seems to be primarily isolated to ROF
- we don't have any way of determining where the bug is occurring (ROF code? USB power issue? random driver conflict? etc...)

Accordingly, we're at a bit of a loss. If there was a compelling indication that our code had the bug, and we could start hunting for it, we would. But unfortunately things aren't that clear right now.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
TaipaN_

Post by TaipaN_ »

This was fixed in one of the Rise of Flight patches.

Trackir smoothing can be adjusted now too in the ROF launcher.

Thanks for the help guys.
caserock

Post by caserock »

I know this is years later, but I was struggling with what I thought were low framerates, but turned out to be a combination of settings that I had wrong. Don't assume that something is broken, the problem may very well be sitting in front of the keyboard. :roll:

1. Disable "head shake" in the Rise of Flight "Camera" menu. This shakes and vibrates your point of view to simulate sitting in the cockpit. We can turn this option off since we're using TrackIR :). This option was enabled, making me think that my TrackIR was having issues, when actually it was just the view in the game shaking.

2. Rise of Flight REALLY wants you to move your head around a whole lot with the default settings. I downloaded a profile that a NaturalPoint employee posted on this site for flight simulators. It was a little too quick for me, but after about 5 minutes of tweaking I had it just right. My TrackIR response was very slow and laggy and appeared to be a framerate issue, after simply loading someone else's profile and tweaking it...it's liquid smooth!!