Apache Air Assault by Gaijin (TIR support ? ? ?)

Heyvern

Apache Air Assault by Gaijin (TIR support ? ? ?)

Post by Heyvern »

November 2010 release for "Apache Air Assault" by Gaijin. Any word on whether it will have Track IR support?

If not, has anyone from NaturalPoint tried to contact the company (Gaijin) and offer support implementing TIR? There will be a PC version, so I hope the PC version will work with Track IR.

-V
Heyvern

Re: Apache Air Assault by Gaijin (TIR support ? ? ?)

Post by Heyvern »

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Gaijin has expressed a desire to integrate TrackIR in Apache Air Assault, and we have provided them with the SDK to do so. The last I heard, Activision's QA was in the process of testing implementation and functionality in the game. Pending their approval, I'm expecting support to get in.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Patrone

Post by Patrone »

Apache Air Assault has very good support for TrackIr - just saw it working with Trackir 4 with clip (Trackir 5 software). Even the targetting is possible with the Trackir (the gun points to the direction of your head). Really like the game with Trackir.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=Patrone]Apache Air Assault has very good support for TrackIr - just saw it working with Trackir 4 with clip (Trackir 5 software). Even the targetting is possible with the Trackir (the gun points to the direction of your head). Really like the game with Trackir.[/quote]
Great to hear! I just downloaded it yesterday, and I'm planning on giving it a spin today.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Patrone

Post by Patrone »

It is only playable with Trackir - at least when your default view is the cockpit. Because of the angle the chopper makes when it flies it is necessary to change your view a bit up - which you do automatically with the Trackir. Also the response of the system is very good. Even the aiming with the Trackir works flawless after some practice. It feels so natural to play the game this way. Gaijin does a very good job implementing Trackir this way in their games.

One minor thing is that 'zoom in' with Trackir does noet seem to work. Also use of Trackir in FLIR-mode is not available, so you need to use your cooliehat on the stick for that.
Heyvern

Post by Heyvern »

Thanks for the info guys. Now that I know it supports TrackIR, I will have to buy this title soon!!!

-V.
mopheta

Post by mopheta »

This game has good support in the internal copckit view, but I don�t know why most games (including this) do not let us to use Trackir also in external view... sometimes and for some people it is more interesting.