Track IR5 and DCS A10C

Ratski

Track IR5 and DCS A10C

Post by Ratski »

Hi, I've just purchased both of the above. but although the A10C is in the games list it isn't recognised by the software. It says I am using DCS Black Shark (this is also installed on my PC) Also when trying to look behind I don't seem able to see any further than the middle of the wings and looking up no further than the canopy mirrors. This is using both the default profile and one I made.
I've tried playing around with the curves and it all seem okay when viewing through the pano but not in game.
Any ideas?

Thanks
I'm using Windows 7 64bit and Version 5.1 beta 03
Yoda_373

Re: Track IR5 and DCS A10C

Post by Yoda_373 »

I am facing exactly the same problem as you mate !

In another post here in the forum it is stated that we have to install the 32bit version of the game. I do not know how old this post is, but nowdays there is no 32bit version available for download from DCS, only 64-bit ! So this post (http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... 888&page=7) should be updated and help provided to us

PS The post abiove is locked and can not post anything in there
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Yoda,

The thread you referenced is 9 months old. 64 bit support is now available, so you can download that version of the A10 client without issue. I've updated the last post in that thread to clarify this.

Regarding your issues--could you elaborate more specifically on what you're encountering? The OP described a few different, unrelated issues.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Yoda_373

Post by Yoda_373 »

Hey there,
all its ok now, I downloaded a profile for dcs A10c that I found while googling and it works fine.

Thank you
KaelNL

Post by KaelNL »

Do you by any chance have a link to that profile?

I'm running DCS:A10C on Vista 64bit. TrackIR5 (with pro clip) works flawlessly in other sims, like Il2 and Strike Fighters2. But wouldn't work with DCS:A10C. I now installed the Version 4.1.038 - Final too and with that, the trackIR5 works, but 'quirky': need to recenter often, movement is jerky.

So I would love to have it up&running with Version 5.1.3 - Final

Any thoughts?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Try this with 5.1.3:

Unplug your camera, and uninstall the TrackIR software.
Download a new copy of the latest version of the TrackIR software, and save it to your desktop (note: do not run from the downloader).
Right click on the installer, and select "Run as administrator" (even if your account is an administrator) Finish the installation as normal, plug in your camera, and verify that drivers are properly installed via the device manager.
Run the software, and see if it works properly.

Often times, especially in vista/7, there are issues with installation due to a conflict with our installer and windows. This has been fixed, and will be in the next version of TrackIR software. Until then, it's advisable to do this because of the changes to administrator accounts post XP.

Additionally, it would help to create specific profiles for DCS games, as they scale our tracking results. Tracking in DCS games is about 20% or so faster than it is in non-scaled games, so it does adjust the results a bit.
KaelNL

Post by KaelNL »

Thanks a bunch. Followed your sequence step by step and it was what finally worked, after all things I tried! Great.

Small closing Q: do you by any chance have a link handy to a DCS:A-10C specific profile?

Cheers!
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Unfortunately, I don't have a link for an a-10 profile handy. A-10 is slightly different from other games, as it scales head movement an additional 20% or so on top of what the TrackIR software does. The a-10 forums over at eagle dynamics may have some people with good profiles.