TRACKIR 5 will not work with CFS3

Larry4110

TRACKIR 5 will not work with CFS3

Post by Larry4110 »

TRACKIR 5 works great with Microsoft Flight sim FSX (acceleration). Will not work with Combat Flight Simulator 3. I'm using windows 7 64 bit, trackir 5.1. CSF3 V 3 build 021007.02. Any help would be great. Did a search in forun with no luck finding the same problem. Do I have to enable trackir in the game somewhere? Thanks, Larry
darrenpowell

Re: TRACKIR 5 will not work with CFS3

Post by darrenpowell »

TrackIR 5.1 works perfectly for me in CFS3 and also Over Flanders Fields. It's a version 4 TrackClipPro running 5.1 Driver.

Cheers, Darren
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I am not aware of any particular requirement that you turn the TrackIR on in CFS. Perhaps the issue is one of permissions, try loading both the TrackIR software and CFS by right clicking the icon and selecting "Run as administrator".
Tom1957

Post by Tom1957 »

Yes, now it does:
I, myself had the same problem with CF3 in Win 7, 64 bit. But, this evening I found an upgrade for CF3 by Googleing Combat Flight Simulator 3 + add on. So I found on the website of A2A the download upgrade called "FirePower". It installed an CF3 upgrade version. At the end the upgrad wants to contact the Original FirePower website, but that does not exist and so you get an error message, that it could not correctly intstall "FirePower".
I choose to ignore this message and continued. Then I restarted my computer and since then I have in the ]virtual cockpit a working TrackIR 5. :D
No Track IR 5 in Spot-/chase-/targetvieuw. But sitting in the virtual cockpit (with or without the cockpit displayed) I now can look around. :D :D
Tom1957

Post by Tom1957 »

Larry4110 wrote:TRACKIR 5 works great with Microsoft Flight sim FSX (acceleration). Will not work with Combat Flight Simulator 3. I'm using windows 7 64 bit, trackir 5.1. CSF3 V 3 build 021007.02. Any help would be great. Did a search in forun with no luck finding the same problem. Do I have to enable trackir in the game somewhere? Thanks, Larry
Well, I had the same problem with Combat Flight Simulator 3 (CF3). Via Google, I found the upgrade program for CF3 on the webpage of A2A, called "FirePower".
I installed this upgrade, got at the end an error message, for the program was looking for its original FirePower website (that does not exist anymore). I choose to ignore this error message and finished installing.
Then I restarted my computer and now I have a working TracIR5 in the Virtual Cockpit vieuw! :D