TrackIR 5.1 not saving settings ...

rhinofilms

Re: TrackIR 5.1 not saving settings ...

Post by rhinofilms »

ok thanks. I absolutely love this product by the way.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=rhinofilms]ok thanks. I absolutely love this product by the way.[/quote]
Glad to hear it! :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
surf205

Post by surf205 »

I have the same issue. All settings will save except for: Motion adjustment -> Templates. I want the profile to stay in smooth for all axis .. everytime I reload track ir its reverted back to one:one. I have restarted, reinstalled, and given my self all applicable permissions to the folder. And Ive tried loading as Admin.

Any help?
Lomaster

Post by Lomaster »

Same issue here. It won`t save my preference of standard video processing mode. As for the reason i prefer standard processing mode - since i bought a new 50 inch display and increased the distance between the headset and the tracker - the dots tend to overlap once they pass 85% of my comfortable range of movement. Especially in the pitch aspect. If i adjust the angle of the headset - they still overlap in diagonal (pitch + yaw) aspect. My light filter threshold is already at its maximum and the dots are still too big. Switching to standard mode alleviates the issue by making the dots small enough to enjoy 100% range of motion without overlapping at the cost of barely noticeable jerkiness (which i actually don`t even notice anymore).
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Lomaster,

As noted in the user manual (https://d1rhoi6onixddn.cloudfront.net/d ... _24.02.pdf), Standard Mode is intended for use with TrackIR 3 and TrackIR 4, where Precision mode is not an option. For TrackIR 5, the software will default to Precision Mode. While there is an option to use Standard Mode, "It should only be used with TrackIR 5 under extremely bright lighting conditions when the tracking screen is flickering and tracking is highly unstable." You can choose to use Standard Mode, but there is not an option to permanently select it.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative