TrackIR 5.1 not saving settings ...

darrenpowell

TrackIR 5.1 not saving settings ...

Post by darrenpowell »

I've been running a TrackClipPro version 4 with the 5.1 driver for some time now, it's great, works perfectly in CFS3 and OFF etc ... except for one small problem ... when I exit TrackIR the software forgets that I have the TrackClipPro selected and defaults back to a TrackClip as the Tracking Target.

Is there any way to 'save settings' ... ? Running Win 7 Ultimate on a Asus Rampage III Black Edition machine with all the bells and whistles ...

Cheers, Darren
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TrackIR 5.1 not saving settings ...

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

You may want to check to ensure that you have the appropriate permissions to write to the following directory and it's subdirectories:
c:\program files (x86)\naturalpoint\trackir5

If you don't have the appropriate permissions, the settings can not be saved from one use to the next.
rhinofilms

Post by rhinofilms »

I had a similar problem and followed the advice on this forum -- uninstalled the trackir software, downloaded and saved the latest software, ran as administrator.

It now saves everything except it keeps defaulting to precision instead of standard.

Any advice?
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

Just to clarify do you mean that when you start the "Video Processing Mode" setting is on precision or that the word Precision next to the status lights at the bottom right is high lighted?
rhinofilms

Post by rhinofilms »

I change the VPM setting to standard from precision, but every time I relaunch the software it goes back to precision. All other settings are saved except that one.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=rhinofilms]I change the VPM setting to standard from precision, but every time I relaunch the software it goes back to precision. All other settings are saved except that one.[/quote]
Out of curiosity--is there a reason that you want to run in standard mode instead of precision mode? Precision mode offers far smoother tracking with 3x the precision (i.e. 3x less jitter), with no performance downside, so there shouldn't be any reason to run in standard if you have a TrackIR 5.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
rhinofilms

Post by rhinofilms »

I have some background light that the camera reacts to in precision mode, much less so in standard.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

A better way to prune out that background light is to change the Light Filter Threshold. If you increase that threshold, it will begin filtering out background light. If you can find a threshold setting that will filter that light and still let you use Precision mode, you'll enjoy much more precise tracking. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
rhinofilms

Post by rhinofilms »

I have done all that. Would you please answer my question.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

The standard behavior is for TrackIR 5 to default to Precision mode in order to achieve the best possible performance. That the setting doesn't persist through restart is likely a bug, which we'll report to the dev team.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack