Need a new space sim with TrackIR support.

gd01skorpius

Need a new space sim with TrackIR support.

Post by gd01skorpius »

So I saw TrackIR being used in flightsims on youtube. 2 months later I bought a kick-ass gaming rig with TrackIR. Mind Blown. It's awesome, I love using TrackIR so much that there is little to no point playing any sim now without it.

I've been playing Apache Air assault, Rise of Flight, and Microsoft Flight Simulator X, and am in the process of downloading DCS A10C.

Now I need a space sim. Something in the spirit of X-wing vs. Tie Fighter and Freespace 2. It needs to look amazing, worthy of the new hardware I have. I'm reluctant to try space sims that get too deep into trading and politics, live EVE. I just want to be a fighter pilot in space. The most likely candidate I've seen so far is Naumachia: Space Warfare, but it's not even in Beta yet and as far as TrackIR support goes, they say maybe.

Is there anything else out there? Black Prophecy looks like it might be good, but again, not out yet.

Any suggestions?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Need a new space sim with TrackIR support.

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

There are a few listed on our games list that may be worth trying. Evochron legends sticks out as a good one because it's fairly recent, and there is a free demo available for download here. Additionally, the freespace open project has a number of compatible pojects which can be found by quick google search, and you can always cruise more titles on our compatible titles list.