Aces High as of July 29, 2011 How-To?

ErichVon
Location: A bit west of West Point, NY (I can hear the howitzers in summer field games!)

Aces High as of July 29, 2011 How-To?

Post by ErichVon »

Hi,

I just updated Aces High, the new patch, last night. Been playing Aces High since 2007 with the then, new, windmills all over the place update.

I finally got me one of these contraptions. I have the latest version 5.1 using a nVidia GTX 260 video card.

I have the hat clip with the 3 relective strips and I also have the newer 3 LED clip-on to the headset earphones ( my headset is Plantronics Gamecom). Last night I played with the hat clip and the hat supplied with my order.

I have played with it but I actually get a little bit motion sickness using it, kind of nauseas. I am looking for smoothness and full look-around range back to the tail. Is there any way to get that dam headrest out of my rear looking view?

I am looking for settings using Aces High.

Oh, no doubt, it is me as to user errors!

I setup a button on my Fighterstick (CH Products) for centering and another one for Precision.

I used it flying the pattern in a P-51D. No way am I ready for combat using this as is.

I did a search as to include ALL boards to Aces High forums, and separately as individual forums like the Training forum and to the Hardware and Software forum. Seems odd nothing comes up even in advanced search.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate-64 bit using Norton 360; I have a separate drive Windows 7 Home-32 bit with Windows Advantage (I run the game with anti-virus off and no firewall on this drive, Aces High specfic, I'm using currently); and will soon setup a 3rd drive as partially Windows XP Pro-32 bit which will also be Windows Advantage. I see no real inprovement running Windows 7 Home-32 bit compared to 64 bit. I do need to thin my processes and Alacrity should work in 32 bit mode.

I have 12 gigs ram, about 1,000 gigs video ram and an Intel i7-920 cpu.

Has anybody done a good write-up how-to using TrackIR ? Or a book? A Dummies' book would be good!! LOL!

I use CH Products controllers.

(I tried using this in DCS Warthog-64 bit, but TrackIR really effects frame rates with my current setup. I will later try it in Black Shark-32bit which I recently purchased.)

Thanks for any help.