Auto panning to the right in BS

Rekim

Auto panning to the right in BS

Post by Rekim »

I just received my IR5 and have been using it with BS for about a week now. It's working great with the exception of this issue I'm experiencing where the view will quickly pan to the extreme right without any head motion in that direction. In most cases when this happens there has been no head movement at all.

Any idears on how I can address this?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Auto panning to the right in BS

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

How often does this occur? Have you noticed any patterns such as only occuring during the day or night? Is there a possibility of outside IR interference that could be causing this? Check for sources of IR interference such as halogen lighting or sunlight (windows in the room, et. cetera). If it is happening fairly often, I would recommend loading the TrackIR software, then clicking on the display button in the top right of the heads up display, and selecting camera view. You should only be able to see the three markers that make up your clip. Any other spots in the screen are likely some kind of interference.
Rekim

Re: Auto panning to the right in BS

Post by Rekim »

Looks like my problem was being caused by a window located behind where I was sitting. The issue disapears when I cover it up, and at night.

thanks for your reply Mike