TrackIR not playing well with FSX

NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TrackIR not playing well with FSX

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

We have exchanged some ideas with Saitek, however at this time there's no found solution to the problem.
David Bevel

Post by David Bevel »

I have been reading the threads on this problem concerning TrackIR and FSX. Of particular note the problem found with the BIP(backlit info panel) from Saitek and TrackIR devices. When I bought my first BIC when it was first released. I found that the two did not mix well either but that was minor compared to getting the BIC to work at all. I eventually gave up on the BIC but recently tried again and now have two of them working. Different computer all together and running WIN 7 Pro versus Vista at the time. Even so I had a struggle solving the issue even with Saitek's latest drivers. I did discover that the BIC seems to work fine with a TrackIR 4 device running version 4.2.039 of the TrackIR software. That is the one time TrackIR did not crash shortly after starting the program since I hooked it back up and installed the software. I have found that shortly after I start FSX the TARCKIR software will stop responding and I have to use Windows Task manager to close it. It doesn't matter if I start it first or FSX the moment both are up TrackIR goes to lala land. This thread died without any resolution that I can see back in late 2011. I wonder if Saitek ever gave Natural Point any resolution since then?
DanM

Post by DanM »

Hi, If you haven't done it already I recommend you trash your Saitek Drivers and start using SPAD.
After reading all the post and almost pulling my hair out , I finally got my TrackIR to play nice with my
BLP. What I do is, I unplug my BLP before I ever load FSX . Then after and only after I have completely
loaded the airport I run spad, everything lights up but my BLP. Then I exit out of spad and now its time to plug in the BLP, after I plug in the BLP I run spad again and that seems to do the trick for me.

If you are not running SPAD already, here is the link: http://fstools.weebly.com/

Hope this helps

Dan :)