XPlane 10

TexTwil

XPlane 10

Post by TexTwil »

Hi,
I'm trying to use Track Ir in XPlane 10 but only the X and Y axis are working. Yaw, Pitch and Roll are not.

Any ideas ?

cheers
whforbesii

Re: XPlane 10

Post by whforbesii »

I cant get it to work iether so dont know where the problem lays?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

We'll start looking into potential issues with Xplane-10. When you run it, what does TrackIR show in the title listing?
caruso81

Post by caruso81 »

You don't need the PilotView plugin anymore. Fire up TIR and the XP10. Check the TrackIR box in the Equipment tab of Settings/Joysticks and Equipment. Exit out of the dialog and select 3D view with mouse. It should work. It seems Austin has built in support.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Additionally, you may need to manually update your games list.
Series

Post by Series »

This may be a well known solution but, I have to struggle a bit to get TrackIR 5 to work with X-plane 10. I am sharing the solution that I worked out. I hope it helps anybody else whose is also butting up against this....

I am using trackir5 with fully updated trackir5 software ( which should mean that it applies also to trackIR4 with trackIR5 software). I checked the box on the set up for Track ir support (see attachment 1 for screen shot) and set the POV "up" on my joystick (button 12) to view /3d_cockpit_cmnd_look (see attachment 2 for screen shot). once in game, i hit my POV on my joystick to "up" and then trackir worked wonderfully and I am now able to truly enjoy your product. I am sharing this so that may be you could help others with the same question.

Best regards

Bill ( aka Series)
Attachments
attachment 1
attachment 1
buttons advanced.png (152.5 KiB) Viewed 6890 times
attachment 2
attachment 2
equipment setting.png (223.92 KiB) Viewed 6890 times
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »