Active HMD not recognized in Motive 3.0

augustdds

Active HMD not recognized in Motive 3.0

Post by augustdds »

Hello All,

I bought a Vive HMD and a base station. The green light is flashing near the antenna on the base station. Motive 3.0 is set up for tracking active markers. I go to the builder window and select HMD (Z axis+ for Unity) and select all 8 markers. The "Create Button" is still greyed out. I connected the USB c to the Vive and get an acknowledgment on my PC that something happened. I do not see any lights on the headset but I am not sure there are any. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? I tried the same with Motive 2.3(?) and it has a harder time tracking the active markers and the "Create Button" slashes off and on as the markers go in and out of being recognized.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Active HMD not recognized in Motive 3.0

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi augustdds,

Thanks for sharing this with the community. There is a bug in the Motive:Tracker 3.0 Beta that is preventing HMDs from being created. This will be fixed when we release the final version in the next few weeks.

In the meantime you could create the HMD as a normal rigid body and manually place the pivot point, though it can be a little tricky to place the pivot correctly.
https://v30.wiki.optitrack.com/index.ph ... ivot_Point

I am sorry for the inconvenience and look forward to the fix being released. If there is anything else we can do to help in the meantime please feel free to reach out to us directly.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Director, Support Engineering
help.naturalpoint.com
wiki.optitrack.com
support@optitrack.com